Rays baseball just got executed.

The new stadium will be part of a massive redevelopment of St. Petersburg's 86-acre Gas Plant District -- a project that also includes affordable housing, office space and retail in what was once a thriving Black neighborhood.

That's a really odd quote. I don't see any chance housing around the stadium remains "affordable".

That's a really odd quote. I don't see any chance housing around the stadium remains "affordable".
Yeah, the housing around Truist Park is among the most expensive in the state

But the area around Turner Field was a ghetto shithole, it was and still is cheap

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but the Rays really need a stadium

- Billion Dollar Ballpark
- Brand new Retail and Office Space
- Affordable Housing

One of these things is not like the other...

At least they sized it right at 30k. Not much more than that needed for 150'ish of the games played there each season.

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but the Rays really need a stadium

Except people in Tampa are going to be pissed. They don't want the hour to hour and half drive across the bridge to go to the games. A stadium in north tampa would have gotten attendance through the roof.

Except people in Tampa are going to be pissed. They don't want the hour to hour and half drive across the bridge to go to the games. A stadium in north tampa would have gotten attendance through the roof.
Fuck that bridge. Only worse place to drive is 494 in the Twin Cities.

meh-the.gif

try i-4 between orlando and tampa

try the schuylkill expressway near Philly

i-10 between houston and katy

i-20 between dallas and ft worth

all 4 of those will want you to blow out your brains.
isnt the bridge ITT on I4?