Rays baseball just got executed.

thank christ ive only driven in MN like once in the last three years.
jesus-christ-wink.gif

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but the Rays really need a stadium

Except people in Tampa are going to be pissed. They don't want the hour to hour and half drive across the bridge to go to the games. A stadium in north tampa would have gotten attendance through the roof.

Fuck that bridge. Only worse place to drive is 494 in the Twin Cities.

The Rays have one of the highest TV ratings in the league. The new stadium really should be across the bay in Tampa. The majority of the fanbase is in Hillsborough, Pasco and Polk Counties. The existing stadium, and this one are a pain in the ass to get to from across the bay, especially if it's close to rush hour.

The Lightning had the same issue when they first played at the Trop, once they built Amelie Arena, they sell out pretty much every game and it's hard to get tickets to games. Tampa loves it's sports teams, the Bolts and Bucs always have great attendance, you'd think they'd learn that and build in Hillsborough.

The Rays have one of the highest TV ratings in the league. The new stadium really should be across the bay in Tampa. The majority of the fanbase is in Hillsborough, Pasco and Polk Counties. The existing stadium, and this one are a pain in the ass to get to from across the bay, especially if it's close to rush hour.

The Lightning had the same issue when they first played at the Trop, once they built Amelie Arena, they sell out pretty much every game and it's hard to get tickets to games. Tampa loves it's sports teams, the Bolts and Bucs always have great attendance, you'd think they'd learn that and build in Hillsborough.
Got pretty cheap tickets to a Bolts game two years ago and was looking at going to a Bucs game this year and those seem cheap too.

tbf the crowds were great at the Bolts game, but tickets don't seem crazy to come by in Tampa.

Fuck that bridge. Only worse place to drive is 494 in the Twin Cities.

try i-4 between orlando and tampa

try the schuylkill expressway near Philly

i-10 between houston and katy

i-20 between dallas and ft worth

all 4 of those will want you to blow out your brains.

1695047976566.png

I'm throwing THIS stretch of highway into the conversation as the WORST in the country. I-294, I-80, I-94, I-65 and I-90 all converge in that stretch of road. The dead of night is the only chance you have for getting through that stretch of road without sitting in a traffic jam.

View attachment 107636

I'm throwing THIS stretch of highway into the conversation as the WORST in the country. I-294, I-80, I-94, I-65 and I-90 all converge in that stretch of road. The dead of night is the only chance you have for getting through that stretch of road without sitting in a traffic jam.

I have permanently erased that stretch of highway out of my mind.

picture this - 1993 rush hour..... i break down on the fucking road.

I have permanently erased that stretch of highway out of my mind.

picture this - 1993 rush hour..... i break down on the fucking road.
Sincere condolences. I'm guessing you were in your teens in '93, too? (at a time when you were light on automotive emergency experience)

fuel pump.... took about an hour for it to start up again
Wait, your fuel pump was able to reset? Sure it wasn't your ignition control? 80's cars were notorious for those old ignition boxes overheating and just shutting down in the middle of the road. Wait an hour (or put a bag of ice on it) and it would fire right back up. So annoying.

Got pretty cheap tickets to a Bolts game two years ago and was looking at going to a Bucs game this year and those seem cheap too.

tbf the crowds were great at the Bolts game, but tickets don't seem crazy to come by in Tampa.
It may depend on the game. I've been here three years, went a few times with tickets from work. I've tried a few times to buy for games,
they were available but either in the nosebleeds or at a higher price, but those were for games against the Rangers, Devils and Bruins. So I guess it depends on who they are playing and how far into the season.

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but the Rays really need a stadium
Not that I have a dog in this fight, but Nashville will support the hell out of that team. Tampa St. Pete doesn't want the team? Move them to Nashville and get guaranteed support from rabid fans.

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but Nashville will support the hell out of that team. Tampa St. Pete doesn't want the team? Move them to Nashville and get guaranteed support from rabid fans.
Hey, it's fair game. If they would do better in Nashville then good for them

I'm think Charlotte would be all-in, too.

try i-4 between orlando and tampa

try the schuylkill expressway near Philly

i-10 between houston and katy

i-20 between dallas and ft worth

all 4 of those will want you to blow out your brains.
I’ve never driven I4 for that stretch without seeing a car on fire.

View attachment 107636

Always take the Skyway.