Refinishing/Installing Wood Floors ???

Yeah, all that matters is that you have enough base to cover the edge. I can't see the floor actually expanding more than a 1/4" in most scenarios.
I can't either, especially with hard wood, but if the manufacturer specifies that and the warranty is dependent on it that's what they're getting.

Guess i missed it, my bad
I think the 2 part "wood bleach" is actually a peroxide concoction that they call bleach because it lightens the wood, but isn't actually chlorine.

I think the 2 part "wood bleach" is actually a peroxide concoction that they call bleach because it lightens the wood, but isn't actually chlorine.
Interesting, i just know i saw it on one of the HGTV shows the wife was watching they were lightening a beam up with actual bleach and i thought it was a cool bit of info that you could do that.

Interesting, i just know i saw it on one of the HGTV shows the wife was watching they were lightening a beam up with actual bleach and i thought it was a cool bit of info that you could do that.
I went through a painter apprenticeship here in Vegas. Working on the strip and downtown I learned how to basically do everything paint related. Not much I haven't done when it comes to coatings.

I went through a painter apprenticeship here in Vegas. Working on the strip and downtown I learned how to basically do everything paint related. Not much I haven't done when it comes to coatings.
I am so over painting right now!!! the builder who built our house had this weird fetish with painting the ceiling and walls and trim and doors basically all the same color of yellowish white/ivory color and to top it all off my walls are all textured so it took extra work to repaint every inch of wall when we moved in.

Ceilings and Trim/Doors is a spring project, then probably going to paint the exterior and got work on the deck to do too.

We didnt actually build the house otherwise id have done everything to stop it.

I am so over painting right now!!! the builder who built our house had this weird fetish with painting the ceiling and walls and trim and doors basically all the same color of yellowish white/ivory color and to top it all off my walls are all textured so it took extra work to repaint every inch of wall when we moved in.

Ceilings and Trim/Doors is a spring project, then probably going to paint the exterior and got work on the deck to do too.

That's because they masked off the windows and anything else they didn't want to be that color and they sprayed the whole fucking house from top to bottom. Very common in the spec house building world just to do that (saves a lot of money per house) and let the new homeowners pick and paint their own colors.

That's because they masked off the windows and anything else they didn't want to be that color and they sprayed the whole fucking house from top to bottom. Very common in the spec house building world just to do that (saves a lot of money per house) and let the new homeowners pick and paint their own colors.
actually they used oil based paint on the trim and doors and sprayed the rest of the ceiling and walls the same color. it was still work for them but they 100% sprayed it cuz you can see it in the returns where they oversprayed

It would absolutely piss you off how fast I am.

I feel like this is your way of making one of make a volcano science project, unintentionally
Got an animal piss spot on the rug or a cat puke up a hair ball on the afghan.....BOOM!

Fucking takes it right out! Try it on an old tee shirt. You'll see. You can get that peroxide for a dollar at the Dollar Tree....dawn about another buck fiddy....boom! The best stain remover you can buy. It literally disappears!

It would absolutely piss you off how fast I am.
Probably, ive never painted so much in my entire life and probably spend damn near as much time researching exactly the paint i want and technique and prep work as i did painting. Like i told the wife with the carpet, next time im hiring someone fuck that noise. Ill paint the rest of the house and then if it needs changing after that well if it isnt just a touchup then probably hire someone lol. A lot of time went into custom painting too for the kiddos

this one was fun lol
1643848243887.png

im going to spray the outside i have a good sprayer but thought it was going to be too much work to protect all the surfaces we didnt want to paint even though we painted before we actually moved in cuz we closed a month before we needed to be out of the old house. wish i had painted the ceiling when there was no furniture in it