Road to the Kentucky Derby

wow - great race!
thought medina started to falter
for just a moment down the stretch,
but pulled it out -
Very good race. Between this and Race 9, just shows you cannot toss Baffert on big days. He's the best in the business at winning big races.

It would/is a good payout. I saw the 10th race at Churchill paid a $405,179, $1.00 super
Around $850. Also missed out on the pick 5 by one race, which paid a little under $3K.

Around $850. Also missed out on the pick 5 by one race, which paid a little under $3K.
I love the Derby, but hate the Derby. Way to tough to pick 3-4 out of 18-20 horses. Throwing darts and hoping you hit one IMO

I love the Derby, but hate the Derby. Way to tough to pick 3-4 out of 18-20 horses. Throwing darts and hoping you hit one IMO
Great payouts but often hard to hit. I talked myself into some horses that I shouldn’t have. Ah well. I gave it a good shot. Kinda mad that Mandaloun cost me the Louisiana Derby trifecta by not showing up then runs huge today to break up my trifecta. Cant win with that horse.

Great payouts but often hard to hit. I talked myself into some horses that I shouldn’t have. Ah well. I gave it a good shot. Kinda mad that Mandaloun cost me the Louisiana Derby trifecta by not showing up then runs huge today to break up my trifecta. Cant win with that horse.
Yes, if you can hit the right combo, it will pay for sure. Will see how the Preakness and Belmont line up, it seems to pair down around 50% from this point for next race

Yes, if you can hit the right combo, it will pay for sure. Will see how the Preakness and Belmont line up, it seems to pair down around 50% from this point for next race
Yeah. It will be interesting if Caddo River and Concert Tour run in the Preakness. They are as fast or faster than Medina Spirit so the race will be very different.

I had too may 14s, favored Essential Quality, in my trifecta picks. Closest to winner 8, 7, 9 was 8, 14, 9 and 8, 9, 14.

Medina Spirit fails post race drug test

Medina Spirit fails post race drug test

And the moral of the story is...don't destroy your tickets until the race is declared official.

And the moral of the story is...don't destroy your tickets until the race is declared official.
The payout for the race is official. It’s done. Whatever comes of this, it will have zero impact on wagers from derby day.

The payout for the race is official. It’s done. Whatever comes of this, it will have zero impact on wagers from derby day.
Wow.

People are gonna be PISSED.

Wow.

People are gonna be PISSED.
I’m sure.

The big difference this will make is whether Baffert and the jockey and owner get to collect their purse money or whether the runner up will be put up to 1st (oddly enough, the trainer for the 2nd place finisher is not above suspicion when it comes to cheating but his horse apparently didn’t test positive.)

I’m sure.

The big difference this will make is whether Baffert and the jockey and owner get to collect their purse money or whether the runner up will be put up to 1st (oddly enough, the trainer for the 2nd place finisher is not above suspicion when it comes to cheating but his horse apparently didn’t test positive.)
Pretty sure Baffert and all them lose purse money

If the horse is actually disqualified. He hasn’t been yet. There’s a process.
I was saying if disqualified. Interesting that bets stand regardless of disqualification

I was saying if disqualified. Interesting that bets stand regardless of disqualification
Yeah, if disqualified then they would lose all the purse money.

So I hear that Baffet is suspended at Churchlll, can he still enter horse(s) at the Preakness and can Medina spirit run at the Preakness?

So I hear that Baffet is suspended at Churchlll, can he still enter horse(s) at the Preakness and can Medina spirit run at the Preakness?
Typically all other tracks will provide for a reciprocal suspension. In this case, I don’t know since the case hasn’t actually been resolved.

When a trainer gets suspended, the horse typically still runs but under an assistant trainer (see Hot Rod Charlie in LA Derby). But this is so high profile, I don’t know if tracks will change how they typically operate.

Typically all other tracks will provide for a reciprocal suspension. In this case, I don’t know since the case hasn’t actually been resolved.

When a trainer gets suspended, the horse typically still runs but under an assistant trainer (see Hot Rod Charlie in LA Derby). But this is so high profile, I don’t know if tracks will change how they typically operate.
I heard that there is a second sample test taken on Medina, so I heard a lot depends on those results. It sound as if it is common that two samples are taken in most testing procedures. I also heard the state's racing commission, of said race state (Maryland) determines if horse can run??