Scottie Pippen

tbh, Pippen has been over-rated in NBA discussions for a long time. most of it comes from LeBron fans trying to use Pippen as a way to discredit Jordan. have seen way too many "Pippen was the second best wing player in the 90s after Jordan" takes. Pippen was clearly below Drexler and Wilkins. his advanced numbers aren't too different than Richmond, Reggie Miller and Mullin. You could argue that Richmond and Mullin had better peaks. Mullin had a 27/6/5 statline on 51% shooting in 1989. Pippen doesn't have anything that matches that. and those guys didn't have the benefit of playing with the undisputed best player in their era. truth be told, 90s was a really weak era for wing players.

tbh, Pippen has been over-rated in NBA discussions for a long time. most of it comes from LeBron fans trying to use Pippen as a way to discredit Jordan. have seen way too many "Pippen was the second best wing player in the 90s after Jordan" takes. Pippen was clearly below Drexler and Wilkins. his advanced numbers aren't too different than Richmond, Reggie Miller and Mullin. You could argue that Richmond and Mullin had better peaks. Mullin had a 27/6/5 statline on 51% shooting in 1989. Pippen doesn't have anything that matches that. and those guys didn't have the benefit of playing with the undisputed best player in their era. truth be told, 90s was a really weak era for wing players.
10 times better a defender than everyone you named

Scottie should have stayed with the Sonics and proved it.

Drexler and Wilkins were both old for most of the 90’s. Past their primes.

Don’t see why LeBron would be a factor in people realizing that.

You’re one of those b-ball is all about offense people huh. Lol

Noted

Last edited:
1695902854084.png

Good looking family. Fuck Scottie Pippen...Go Mormons

Overrated?

Do you even bball, bro? Dude was a beast on defense and no way Jordan is as successful without Pippen

I bet we could count on 2 hands the amount of solid 2 way players in the league today

I bet we could count on 2 hands the amount of solid 2 way players in the league today
I like that big kid in Memphis. He’s solid 2 way. We need one of those in Dallas. Now.

Oh come on, that's too far...
You let 30 NBA GMs compare the careers of Scottie and Ricky Pierce and 28 of them take Ricky Pierce. Switch their teams and Scottie would be a forgotten role player who had a 7-yr NBA career and then played in Serbia.

Scottie should have stayed with the Sonics and proved it.
And that brings me to another point. Pippen had the opportunity with the Rockets and Blazers to prove he could carry a team. He dint

And that brings me to another point. Pippen had the opportunity with the Rockets and Blazers to prove he could carry a team. He dint

Lol carry those teams after he won 6 rings. That’s funny

He got the Bulls to the ECF game 7 against the Knicks with no MJ playing baseball

Let me put his career in perspective: when he wasn’t riding Jordan to championships, he was a whiny bitch who was a liability on every team he played for. He fought with everybody! Great defensive player? He was average. Name another player who was on more posters than Scottie. He single-handedly cost Portland a championship in ‘02.

This ugly motherfucker literally called Michael Jordan, and I quote, “a horrible basketball player.”

Craig Ehlo > Scottie Pippen

Let me put his career in perspective: when he wasn’t riding Jordan to championships, he was a whiny bitch who was a liability on every team he played for. He fought with everybody! Great defensive player? He was average. Name another player who was on more posters than Scottie. He single-handedly cost Portland a championship in ‘02.

This ugly motherfucker literally called Michael Jordan, and I quote, “a horrible basketball player.”

Craig Ehlo > Scottie Pippen
scottie pippen loop GIF