SEC Basketball

By the way, who was the genius who scheduled an American college basketball game in London the time when England was playing a World Cup game?

LFG!!

Getting down 15 and coming back to beat #1 in their house with FOUR Freshman playing the majority of minutes. I’m so happy

KenPom Rankings on 12/14:

1. Tennessee (3rd nationally)
2. Kentucky (6th nationally)
3. Alabama (10th nationally)
4. Arkansas (14th nationally)
5. Auburn (17th nationally)
6. Mississippi State (22nd nationally)
7. Ole Miss (51st nationally)
8. Florida (55th nationally)
9. Texas A&M (58th nationally)
10. Missouri (62nd nationally)
11. LSU (66th nationally)
12. Vanderbilt (96th nationally)
13. Georgia (109th nationally)
14. South Carolina (171st nationally)

Well I guess we won't have to listen to Sankey bitch and moan about A&M getting in the tournament. Fuck him for bitching about needing expansion because shitty AF A&M got left out last year.

KenPom Rankings on 12/14:

1. Tennessee (3rd nationally)
2. Kentucky (6th nationally)
3. Alabama (10th nationally)
4. Arkansas (14th nationally)
5. Auburn (17th nationally)
6. Mississippi State (22nd nationally)
7. Ole Miss (51st nationally)
8. Florida (55th nationally)
9. Texas A&M (58th nationally)
10. Missouri (62nd nationally)
11. LSU (66th nationally)
12. Vanderbilt (96th nationally)
13. Georgia (109th nationally)
14. South Carolina (171st nationally)

Ole Miss just got beat by North Alabama who is 276 in NET. That's gonna drop a bit.

And Miss State goes down to Drake as well. Rough day for the SEC.

Honestly, that's what's separating the B10 and Big 12 from the rest of the conferences. B10 is by no means great at the top(outside Purdue atm), but the league just doesn't have any bad losses. The league has only ONE Q4 loss and it my shitty team to DePaul. By comparison the SEC just picked up 2 in one night. The ACC and P12 both have a shit load. Hell Louisville and Cal have 5 and 4 respectively. Drake is decent, and I think they'll probably win the MVC, so this could stay a Q2 loss for Miss State this season, not great, but certainly not as bad as A&M and Ole Miss losses were.

Atrocious day yesterday. Had a good OOC season until teams brain farted yesterday.

1671627946979.png

wow!

Tech destroyed Jackson State on Sat 102-52

guess we made em mad -

Kentucky flirting with some trouble here. If you're best win heading into the NY is Yale, that's not great.

Arkansas went down to LSU and Auburn and Tenn didn’t win like they should have against Florida and Ole Miss.

Alabama would be my pick to win the conference right now.

Missouri catches Arkansas next so that will be a good barometer as KY is a mess.

Arkansas went down to LSU and Auburn and Tenn didn’t win like they should have against Florida and Ole Miss.

Alabama would be my pick to win the conference right now.

Missouri catches Arkansas next so that will be a good barometer as KY is a mess.

Tennessee will be fine. Any road win against a competent team in league play is good. If it was against Vandy, then I'd raise some concern. Auburn's win was more problematic, given it was at home, against a like minded team in Florida.

I'd probably pick Bama too at this point, but Tennessee is right there. Both could wind up as 2 seeds in the tournament.

Tennessee will be fine. Any road win against a competent team in league play is good. If it was against Vandy, then I'd raise some concern. Auburn's win was more problematic, given it was at home, against a like minded team in Florida.

I'd probably pick Bama too at this point, but Tennessee is right there. Both could wind up as 2 seeds in the tournament.
I don’t know Ole Miss is not a good team and it was a low score. I didn’t see the game but I bet there is some good tape on how to defend them.

Auburn is struggling because the tape shows put pressure on the perimeter and our guards are scared to take shots. It’s getting them rattled and they are turning the ball over.

The good news is Auburn had a rebounding problem but they seem to have solved that the last few games but turnovers are killing them. I think the shooting will improve but they won’t survive the SEC gauntlet turning the ball over like they are doing.

I don’t know Ole Miss is not a good team and it was a low score. I didn’t see the game but I bet there is some good tape on how to defend them.

Auburn is struggling because the tape shows put pressure on the perimeter and our guards are scared to take shots. It’s getting them rattled and they are turning the ball over.

The good news is Auburn had a rebounding problem but they seem to have solved that the last few games but turnovers are killing them. I think the shooting will improve but they won’t survive the SEC gauntlet turning the ball over like they are doing.

Ole Miss isn't terrible. They are a couple spots away from that being a Q1 win for Tennessee. I did watch it, and Tennessee got off to a slow start, they were trailing 31-21 at one point and really shut them down in the 2nd half. Their defense is really good.

I think Auburn will be in a lot of low-scoring games. They play pretty good defense too. So the margin for error, while small, will most likely mean you'll be in every game even against the "elite" teams which Auburn, is probably a step down from that, but should still be a top 25 team all year, and can certainly make a run. They could also fall victim to a 4/13 or 5/12 upset in the tournament because of their style of play. Alot of variance with them this season.

Back