See the Sun Thursday

morning

still working through this bronchitis thing...cancelled my leadership conference in Philly today and tomorrow as well as my mom and dad's birthday dinner up in NJ on Friday night. Will have to do that after the outage is done in March.

going to hit the simulator on Saturday for my dad's birthday. Will slice some drives into a mat and have a beer and think of him.

Sun came out around 6:30 here and vanished around 10 so that sucks
Not here. Still bright. I'd blow out of here and go skiing, but I've got a ton of shit to do. Hoping I can get most of it done and get out on slopes before the sun sets.

Not here. Still bright. I'd blow out of here and go skiing, but I've got a ton of shit to do. Hoping I can get most of it done and get out on slopes before the sun sets.

Grey and gloomy here and it sucks

going to hit the simulator on Saturday for my dad's birthday. Will slice some drives into a mat and have a beer and think of him.
Good for you, ill. May his memory be a blessing.

One of my favorite bits of the Jewish religion is the Yahrtzeit (memorial) candles.

I've kind of bastardized the practice and keep a few in my house and whenever I'm thinking of someone that's not around (not just specific occasions), I light one and think of them.

Reactions: ill
Is it too early for bourbon?

Is it too early for bourbon?
Allow David Cross GIF

Good for you, ill. May his memory be a blessing.

One of my favorite bits of the Jewish religion is the Yahrtzeit (memorial) candles.

I've kind of bastardized the practice and keep a few in my house and whenever I'm thinking of someone that's not around (not just specific occasions), I light one and think of them.
I lit a lot of candles when I was in Italy over the summer. Just about every church I went in.

morning

still working through this bronchitis thing...cancelled my leadership conference in Philly today and tomorrow as well as my mom and dad's birthday dinner up in NJ on Friday night. Will have to do that after the outage is done in March.

Your dad’s bday is February 2nd?

I need to do a tasting between the baseline Bulleir, Makers, and Woodford...see what I like best
I'm hoping to do bourbon trail this year

Damnit! I thought my doctors appointment was the 7th..... But have to wait until the 20th ugh!

Bulleit is my go to
That's mine too for the price. I'll drink it straight, but I'm not upset about mixing it.

I typically have a selection of whiskeys at any given time, so if I'm going to drink it straight or have guests, I'll usually go for another one, but there's nothing wrong with Bulleit.

I need to do a tasting between the baseline Bulleir, Makers, and Woodford...see what I like best

Bulliet has as much rye in it as a bourbon is allowed to have and still be called a bourbon. I like rye, so that works for me. Makers was my go to for years, but it started tasting a little too sweet to me so I look to change.

I landed on Buffalo Trace, which I really like, but it's hard to come by around here. Distribution is weird, so you might see it all the time around you. I like that better than any of those three.