Shohei Ohtani

Best baseball player of all time.

Look, he is a great player, but greatest? Not even close.
My criteria isn't batting average.
I suppose with babe Ruth's pitching ability at the beginning of his career he would be in the discussion but I could argue easily that SO has faced much better competition.

The pitching-hitting combo puts him over the top in my opinion. Not to mention speed on the bases. Reportedly,he can play good defense too if needed.

I guess had Willie Mays been an elite pitcher, I would have considered him as well.

Obviously SO and Ruth are pretty much in a separate category of anyone else I can think of.

Who you got?

Last edited:
1 year, not a career oh yeah, hit .257
You seem pretty focused on batting average so I'm not sure we're going to have much of a discussion here

Baseball people need to get fukt with always trying to use numbers to say someone broke a record or did something historic.

You never stop hearing about shit like “Bartolo Colon was the only player to strike out the side in the hour of 3 to 4 PM on a Wednesday in August”. That tweet in OP is an example of this shit.

Baseball people need to get fukt with always trying to use numbers to say someone broke a record or did something historic.

You never stop hearing about shit like “Bartolo Colon was the only player to strike out the side in the hour of 3 to 4 PM on a Wednesday in August”. That tweet in OP is an example of this shit.
Everyone needs to get fukt!

1 year, not a career oh yeah, hit .257

And he still had the second best OPS+ in the AL. It's almost like there's more to hitting than batting average.

The greatest do it all.

Did I say he was the greatest?

He isn't the greatest hitter, nor is he the greatest pitcher. But he's still got a career 137 OPS+, and a career 127 ERA+. That's still an All-Star level performance as a hitter and a starting pitcher, even if he's more very good than great. And when you consider that it's coming from one single spot on the roster, it's a very valuable player.

Yesterday: Ohtani strikes out 12 over 7.0 innings and allows only 1 earned run. Angels lose 2-0. Rinse. Repeat.