Show yer Pet's ugly mug...

Just went on a pheasant hunting trip to South Dakota last week. They supplied the dogs though. My dogs aren’t much use for hunting
I wish I lived in better pheasant country. I have about 3 spots within 2 hours drive that hold wild birds. We have california quail and huns mixed in though.

How was the hunting?

Here's a pic of Griff when he's not hunting.
griff9.jpeg

I wish I lived in better pheasant country. I have about 3 spots within 2 hours drive that hold wild birds. We have california quail and huns mixed in though.

How was the hunting?

Here's a pic of Griff when he's not hunting.
View attachment 92875
I’m a Georgia boy, so it was probably the coldest I’ve ever been, but there were 9 of us on the trip and we all got our 3 birds per day limit. My third year in a row going there. There are no pheasant here and barely any quail. Only game birds you’re really gonna find are grouse and dove

Isn’t the difference basically sleeves?
7e840088-77f4-480e-b13d-be76d1507154_text.gif

I phone the SPCA on Monday to ask why it’s taking so long to get Nimbus’ ashes back.
They said they’d phone me back.
Nothing but crickets.
So I phoned today. Got a different person.
They haven’t even sent him away yet and I brought him in on Nov 12.
Apparently the investigation is still ongoing.

Crazy.

I phone the SPCA on Monday to ask why it’s taking so long to get Nimbus’ ashes back.
They said they’d phone me back.
Nothing but crickets.
So I phoned today. Got a different person.
They haven’t even sent him away yet and I brought him in on Nov 12.
Apparently the investigation is still ongoing.

Crazy.

Final chapter. The SPCA constable phoned to talk to me. My wife took the call and I told her to tell her I have nothing to say. So my wife spoke with her. They have decided to let the matter rest. But they want me to come into sign some papers stating that I know the error of my ways. To which my wife said, "Oh, you think we'd do what we did if we had another option? How stupid are you?"

Anyway they finally shipped Nimbus off for cremation once the case was as they say, closed.

I got phoned yesterday to come pick up his ashes. They weren't going to give them to until I signed. But they had the container right there. I said I wasn't signing anything, grabbed the container and left.

My Nimbus:

dead duck.jpgunnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Now the boys. Getting along famously watching birdies in the rhodo outside my son's bedroom window. Odin, Indy, Loki. Left to right.

3 both of them.jpg