GAME South Carolina @ Florida 12pm ET ESPN

I remember 3-4. I don't think we would have won the game but we were really starting to scare Bama and had momentum and then the refs starting to bail you guys out. It was embarassing.

They also gave us a really dumb penalty the year before as well when you guys were already blowing us off. I felt like that was kind of classless by the refs.

However, I would take SEC reffing anyday over Pac12 or B1G reffing. I feel like we have better refs than other leagues.
SEC officials always have at least a couple of boneheaded calls in every game. I try not to think about it too much, especially because I don't think I could do any better in their situation lol

I agree, I'll take SEC officials over PAC and BIG officials any day. Which just goes to show how bad those leagues have it.

The only officiating that gets under my skin is basketball. Too many damn fouls called, college and pro

SEC officials always have at least a couple of boneheaded calls in every game. I try not to think about it too much, especially because I don't think I could do any better in their situation lol

I agree, I'll take SEC officials over PAC and BIG officials any day. Which just goes to show how bad those leagues have it.

The only officiating that gets under my skin is basketball. Too many damn fouls called, college and pro

I hate unsportsmanlike penalties. I think we should get rid of them and only call them for taunting. I have also always been puzzled as to why holding is a 10 yard penalty. It should be 5 yards to me.

I hate unsportsmanlike penalties. I think we should get rid of them and only call them for taunting. I have also always been puzzled as to why holding is a 10 yard penalty. It should be 5 yards to me.
Also need to bring back the 5 yard facemask

I think taunting is BS too, since it is called so inconsistently. Best to just ditch it and let them have their fun.

I disapprove of that shitty pass that was almost picked.

Also need to bring back the 5 yard facemask

The one where you don't grab? I agree. Grabbing a facemask should be 10 yard though.

Holding is so easy of a call. It is also very inconsistently called. Teams hold a lot on the line and it isn't called. Granted if a WR/DB holds, it will always be called or anyone out in the flat.

The one where you don't grab? I agree. Grabbing a facemask should be 10 yard though.

Holding is so easy of a call. It is also very inconsistently called. Teams hold a lot on the line and it isn't called. Granted if a WR/DB holds, it will always be called or anyone out in the flat.
Holding occurs far more frequently than it is called. Michigan did a study a few years ago that showed Alabama's opponents get called for holding every 260 plays which was like 2x the national average

Holding occurs far more frequently than it is called. Michigan did a study a few years ago that showed Alabama's opponents get called for holding every 260 plays which was like 2x the national average

Exactly. Granted, I think Alabama pre-Saban did NOT get the calls. I don't see many games decided by calls, however with Alabama. Florida has had a lot of games in their long win streaks against UK, Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Georgia in the past where the game came down to a bad call by the refs. Anytime a program has such long win streaks with so many close escapes, you have to question the reffing to a degree.

Cool.

Hey, thanks for stopping-by!

Haha. Yeah this UF team is the 2nd best team in the SEC right now.

Going off my ref comments, interestingly, I don't remember many ref escapes during the Urban Meyer era at Florida. Those teams were just great all around. Most of it was during the Muschamp and McElwain era. Tennessee got jobbed in a couple of close games against Florida. However, I don't think we got it as bad as UK and Vandy have had it against Florida.

Dwags and vols feel that we have had it too good in the past, so can't complain anymore about bad calls.
Meh - I discount the opinions of poor schools. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Exactly. Granted, I think Alabama pre-Saban did NOT get the calls. I don't see many games decided by calls, however with Alabama. Florida has had a lot of games in their long win streaks against UK, Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Georgia in the past where the game came down to a bad call by the refs. Anytime a program has such long win streaks with so many close escapes, you have to question the reffing to a degree.
Yeah I can't really recall a game where officiating had a huge impact on the outcome of the game involving Alabama. But again, its a lot harder to call a game moving that fast when its live and you don't always have the best angle

Let's go, Gators!!!! Let's go, Gators!!!!

Haha. Yeah this UF team is the 2nd best team in the SEC right now.

Going off my ref comments, interestingly, I don't remember many ref escapes during the Urban Meyer era at Florida. Those teams were just great all around. Most of it was during the Muschamp and McElwain era. Tennessee got jobbed in a couple of close games against Florida. However, I don't think we got it as bad as UK and Vandy have had it against Florida.
Yeah, you had a real run of bad luck. :dhd:

Hey, this could be your year of good fortune though!

comedy tour GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

So, the Gators finally have a QB.....it's been a while.....