Speaking of wood floors

So that metal rack, it looks like it replaces the brick hearth, is that what's happening? And that's the new floor too, yes? I'm just trying to follow is all!
Metal studs, and drywall, going to tile it

View attachment 66959

11 years ago, we had some left over Corian coutertop material, so I had the guy make a hearth to cover the old shitty brick. Today demoing the carpet, I tried to pop the Corian off, because it was covering some tack strip/carpet. The entire brick hearth pulled off the fucking floor.

Going to see what the wife wants yo put in here now.
Ok that looks crazy heavy so how did you get it up?

That must be the room creativity happens....

View attachment 67697

walter white GIF

Ok that looks crazy heavy so how did you get it up?
I just reread this. We got it up with 2 guys and four different crowbar. Stood it up on one side by lifting the bottom of the "L" shape lobe. Probably 300 is lbs.

Still have the master closet, and about a Quarter mile of baseboards and door casings.

20220410_200101.jpg20220410_200042.jpg20220410_200248.jpg20220410_200406.jpg

Baseboards are in, but did not prep or paint this last stuff yet. Fucking fried right now. Going to take a couple days and get mentally ready to caulk and spackle, and paint the base. Still need transitions at 2 bathroom doorways to tile. Need to repaint all the doors too. Some need to be replaced first. Seems Neverending, even when knocking put this much. Also still need to do my walkin closet. Knees are screaming, and I bought the good knee pads, like @Wild Turkey uses.

View attachment 67878View attachment 67879View attachment 67880View attachment 67881

Baseboards are in, but did not prep or paint this last stuff yet. Fucking fried right now. Going to take a couple days and get mentally ready to caulk and spackle, and paint the base. Still need transitions at 2 bathroom doorways to tile. Need to repaint all the doors too. Some need to be replaced first. Seems Neverending, even when knocking put this much. Also still need to do my walkin closet. Knees are screaming, and I bought the good knee pads, like @Wild Turkey uses.
Love my knee pads and my back brace. Don’t care what anyone thinks. Safety first.