Speaking of wood floors

Yeah, yeah, there's a couple drips of paint to clean up.
Pete, it looks great! What's next, do you have a bunch of painting to do? And another question. Why is the door cut so far up from the floor? It looks like almost an inch of clearance. The floor really looks good. What got replaced, carpet?

Pete, it looks great! What's next, do you have a bunch of painting to do? And another question. Why is the door cut so far up from the floor? It looks like almost an inch of clearance. The floor really looks good. What got replaced, carpet?
Because the previous tile in the hallway was an inche higher with backer board. There were ramps at the doorways so the carpet would match up to tha hall tile. I'll change the doors out when the floors are done.

Because the previous tile in the hallway was an inche higher with backer board. There were ramps at the doorways so the carpet would match up to tha hall tile. I'll change the doors out when the floors are done.
Okay then, just a couple more questions. How many more rooms need done? And about the doors, would it be worthwhile to just glue and clamp a piece of wood on the bottom of the door? I'm sure you could finish it so it's not at all noticeable. Please don't take this as unsolicited advice, It's just an idea because replacing doors would be very expensive.

Last Q. Do you have any other home projects you'd like to start soon? i woulda liked to see your property when you bought it, ya got any old pics for comparison? How long ago did you move in?

Okay then, just a couple more questions. How many more rooms need done? And about the doors, would it be worthwhile to just glue and clamp a piece of wood on the bottom of the door? I'm sure you could finish it so it's not at all noticeable. Please don't take this as unsolicited advice, It's just an idea because replacing doors would be very expensive.

Last Q. Do you have any other home projects you'd like to start soon? i woulda liked to see your property when you bought it, ya got any old pics for comparison? How long ago did you move in?
291.jpg162.jpg150.jpg

It wil only be 2 doors, and they are about 40 bucks each. The large gaps works for now, as I use a swamp cooler most of the summer. Im not in a hurry to change them. For the amount of time it would take to scab in a piece and make it look good, I could hang a new door.

We have been here for 11 years now. Most of the work I did was in the first 10 weeks of owning it. I have 2 more bedrooms to finish with flooring upstairs, and then the entry area my wife also wants done to match the stairs.

After that, its laundry room and first floor bath. both at the same time, as they are in close proximity to each other. Then, I may actually do the kitchen remodel I have always wanted to do. but it is intense, and will require a glue lam beam to be installed, to open up the kitchen into the dining room, and create a double island type kitchen.

One island with the sink, and the other with the range. Fridge and double oven built into the wall, and lots of open flowing air.

It wil only be 2 doors, and they are about 40 bucks each. The large gaps works for now, as I use a swamp cooler most of the summer. Im not in a hurry to change them. For the amount of time it would take to scab in a piece and make it look good, I could hang a new door.

We have been here for 11 years now. Most of the work I did was in the first 10 weeks of owning it. I have 2 more bedrooms to finish with flooring upstairs, and then the entry area my wife also wants done to match the stairs.

After that, its laundry room and first floor bath. both at the same time, as they are in close proximity to each other. Then, I may actually do the kitchen remodel I have always wanted to do. but it is intense, and will require a glue lam beam to be installed, to open up the kitchen into the dining room, and create a double island type kitchen.

One island with the sink, and the other with the range. Fridge and double oven built into the wall, and lots of open flowing air.
Wow, you will be as busy as you want for a long time. Your Kitchen sounds like it will be amazing!

Keep grinding, Kind Friend!

It felt like a rusty cave in that fucker.
You need to go back and remodel something at your mom's house because her kitchen remodels was one of the most entertaining threads in years. It should be time for a bathroom.

You need to go back and remodel something at your mom's house because her kitchen remodels was one of the most entertaining threads in years. It should be time for a bathroom.
She died, so...

20220402_161837.jpg

11 years ago, we had some left over Corian coutertop material, so I had the guy make a hearth to cover the old shitty brick. Today demoing the carpet, I tried to pop the Corian off, because it was covering some tack strip/carpet. The entire brick hearth pulled off the fucking floor.

Going to see what the wife wants yo put in here now.

Well it came up almost in one piece, I think that's good! Anyway, that looks like a real fireplace. Is it? Mine only burns gas but it looks purdy! Thanks to you!!!
robert deniro psychiatrist GIF

View attachment 66959

11 years ago, we had some left over Corian coutertop material, so I had the guy make a hearth to cover the old shitty brick. Today demoing the carpet, I tried to pop the Corian off, because it was covering some tack strip/carpet. The entire brick hearth pulled off the fucking floor.

While looking for solutions to your problem, I ran across this. Had not seen this option before.
Looks good.
Much easier than brick/stone.

Seems like there is little protection from coals or embers from falling on the floor, but looks good and easy

1649039601566.png

View attachment 66959

Have you tried just drinking and smoking excessively every night, while watching The Office reruns cable TV?

Take the cheap way out. Buy half a dozen granite tiles and put them down there.

Well it came up almost in one piece, I think that's good! Anyway, that looks like a real fireplace. Is it? Mine only burns gas but it looks purdy! Thanks to you!!!
robert deniro psychiatrist GIF
Gas log fireplace. I want to rip it out.