TV Series Star Wars: Andor

Can't remember the last time we saw this well-written of a Star Wars anything.

Can't remember the last time we saw this well-written of a Star Wars anything.
The character development of the other prisoners has been great. We actually cared about the old dude dying and the swing from by-the-book boss to co-rebel by Kino Loy is believeable.

And I love that all the fashion has a clear influence from 70’s US culture. It helps to not make New Hope look to out of place.

It has really grabbed my attention in the last few episodes. I plan on doing a full rewatch once it finishes.

"There is more than one prison. I think you carry yours wherever you go."

This line from Rogue One starts to carry a lot more weight.
And in more ways than one.

This is as good as the Mandalorian and has had several episodes that I would put as the best ones in the new Star Wars universe. The writers do a fantastic job of building suspense.

The second season starts filming this month so we know we are getting at least one more season.

This is as good as the Mandalorian and has had several episodes that I would put as the best ones in the new Star Wars universe. The writers do a fantastic job of building suspense.

The second season starts filming this month so we know we are getting at least one more season.

The already announced it was gonna be a 2 season show from the start (12 episodes each season). Initially they were planning to do as many as 5, with each season documenting a year before the time Rogue One stars. So like season 1 is 5 years before, season 2 would be 4 years, and it keeps counting down. I think the plan now is season 2 is gonna be broken up into 4 arcs (3 episodes each) where each arc is now a year. So the first arc next season will be 4 years before RO, then the next arc is 3 years, and so on. The last episode will take you right up to Rogue One.

Since the show is getting a lot of love critically, I'm wondering if they'll stretch it back out though.

The already announced it was gonna be a 2 season show from the start (12 episodes each season). Initially they were planning to do as many as 5, with each season documenting a year before the time Rogue One stars. So like season 1 is 5 years before, season 2 would be 4 years, and it keeps counting down. I think the plan now is season 2 is gonna be broken up into 4 arcs (3 episodes each) where each arc is now a year. So the first arc next season will be 4 years before RO, then the next arc is 3 years, and so on. The last episode will take you right up to Rogue One.

Since the show is getting a lot of love critically, I'm wondering if they'll stretch it back out though.
Would love more than less. Rogue One and those characters are some of the best Star Wars stuff that has been done.

Would love more than less. Rogue One and those characters are some of the best Star Wars stuff that has been done.
I don't know if this is a hawt take, but Rogue One > Empire Strikes Back.
It's my favorite Star Wars movie, mostly because it was so unexpected.

And Andor only helps make that take stronger for me.

Yeah, that's a hot take. It's certainly the best Disney SW movie though

I put it three after the ESB and NH but definitely better than ROTJ. Everything done on Rogue One worked beautifully, no plot holes, great characters, best use of droids, a great story that literally couldn't have rolled straight into a New Hope any better.

It also had one of the best Darth Vadar scenes in Star Wars history.

Huge fan.

Disney to show first two episodes of Andor on ABC/Hulu/other channels in time for Thanksgiving weekend, just as series is finishing up.

Show still rocks

You're not my supervisor! :wink: :laugh:

Kung Fu Wtf GIF by A24

Throwing Black And White GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

200.gif

The most Star Warsy episode yet.

Who the heck is Luthen Rael?????

The most Star Warsy episode yet.

Who the heck is Luthen Rael?????

Definitely has some ace piloting skills. No way he's just some former diplomat or whatever.

That finale was Mando season 2 finale levels of good. And it didn't even need the nostalgia.

Maarva's ashes being put into a brick that gets used to beat up Imperials was also metal as fuck

Back