Steak grilling techniques

Sorry. That was kinda dickish.

If it works for ya, awesome.

I will say this the further north you go the less they season. Dry seasoning is the way to go and don't be scared. I think Outback does a decent job of the seasoning part if you want some type of reference.

This I just want to put salt and pepper is for pussies who don't have the balls to go for it.
There is nothing wrong with spicing up some steaks. I love a good cowboy seasoning steak, paired with a cherry tomato salad.

But if it's a usda prime cut ribeye, strip or porterhouse, I prefer just S n P.

I'll save the seasoning for choice cuts.

NY steak for dinner later.....will post pics and report back....

Picked up a couple Kansas-raised ribeyes today from a local meat market. They look amazing. So, before I fire up my grill, how do you fix your steak?
2 mins per side
Then 3 mins per side

Done

@SlinkyRedfoot so he can tell me I'm wrong

Soak it on a plate of sometimes worcestershire, sometimes soy sauce, sometimes something else depending on what I have.
Cook until warm, still slightly bloody.
I don't think that's bad depending on the level of "soak," and I do something similar from time to time. I'll set the steaks out and sprinkle some garlic pepper and soy sauce on top, flip them over and do the other side. That's probably my go-to for filets.

For fattier cuts, I use very coarse salt - almost chunks - this is what I've been using, and dried minced garlic. Lots of both just 10 minutes before hitting the grill. That's my (more readily available) take on this Brazilian seasoning that I had at a friend's house that completely blew me away.

Also, I go longer on letting steaks sit out (unless I'm going for Pittsburg rare). I think ideal is 3-4 hours, but I've pushed it past 8 before. 1 hour does not get the center to room temp, unless you're cooking steakums.