Steak grilling techniques

I'm still wondering how he uses an entire stick of butter. My mind is blown.
You don't have to eat it all, dork.

Have you never browned butter?

1 inch is too thin.

4 minutes is too long
that's not what she said.

bazinga GIF

There has to be enough to actually SPOON over the steak. Much less in a big cast iron, and it'll never brown properly.

I've separated butter for fish. I'm not sure what browning butter means.
just like it sounds dont over heat it to where it burns but get it a lil carmel then you sauté the steak essentially in it after you've pan seared it, i use this method when it is like negative butt ass cold

I've separated butter for fish. I'm not sure what browning butter means.
Ahhh, man...no browned butter and cheese noodles??

Google that nutty deliciousness right meow, foo!

Browned butter and Mizritha cheese pasta. Mmmmm

Apparently you don't like good steaks. His directions are perfect ... though I don't bother with foil.
No they aren't perfect because how long you leave it on the grill definitely depends on how hot the grill is. For example I'll get the grill to about 600 and put 2 inch fillets on for 4 minutes each side shut the grill off and give it 4 minutes off the flame just in the heat to get that perfect finish.

I'm thinking for a 1 inch ribeye at that heat is way too much so exact temp matters.

No they aren't perfect because how long you leave it on the grill definitely depends on how hot the grill is. For example I'll get the grill to about 600 and put 2 inch fillets on for 4 minutes each side shut the grill off and give it 4 minutes off the flame just in the heat to get that perfect finish.

I'm thinking for a 1 inch ribeye at that heat is way too much so exact temp matters.

What kind of gas grills are you using that are running at 600?

That's obscene.

I will say this the further north you go the less they season. Dry seasoning is the way to go and don't be scared. I think Outback does a decent job of the seasoning part if you want some type of reference.

This I just want to put salt and pepper is for pussies who don't have the balls to go for it.