Steak grilling techniques

The Simpsons Gesture GIF

Reactions: oak
I'm a fan of spitting some worcestershire on a steak while grilling. Just depends on my mood.
By golly, don't put a rub on that steak I'm gonna put some shitty worcestershire sauce on it!

Did mommy finish cooking your Mac and Cheese yet, Milksop? Mmmm, the shitty stuff with powdered cheese for the broke fucks like you. Hits the spot, don't it?

Did mommy finish cooking your Mac and Cheese yet, Milksop? Mmmm, the shitty stuff with powdered cheese for the broke fucks like you. Hits the spot, don't it?

Will you please go away? Real people are here who want to talk about grilling steaks.

We LOVE it in this house. You cant miss with just plain ol butter, and admittedly it is a bit of a process to freshly press/chop/mince garlic and mix it into some butter but it is oh so yummy ( you can get away with garlic salt in the butter too but id say if you do that use unsalted butter) think they make like garlic ready to use too already minced but "fresh" not dried if that makes sense ive seen it in produce before
I've added a little garlic powder to salt and peppered steaks but I'm gonna definitely try the garlic butter trick now.

If i'm feeling slutty, pan sear in hot cast iron couple/few minutes each side, and edges. Turn down to medium, add stick of butter, halved garlic head, halved sides down, healthy sprig of rosemary, and 4 sprigs of thyme. Brown the butter and spoon over steaks until desired doneness.

Straight fuckable.

If i'm feeling slutty, pan sear in hot cast iron couple/few minutes each side, and edges. Turn down to medium, add stick of butter, halved garlic head, halved sides down, healthy sprig of rosemary, and 4 sprigs of thyme. Brown the butter and spoon over steaks until desired doneness.

Straight fuckable.

A whole stick of butter? lol

Also, I love the rosemary, but fuck thyme. Thyme tastes like a hippie's armpit.

That's nonsense. The two together are especially great. How do you make yer prime rib au jus!? Can't even begin to fathom cooking without thyme??

I use the browned butter over the mashed potaters, by the way, and you'd drop trou over em. 🖕

Horse radish. I'm not a child.

Also, fuck thyme one more time.
Of course horseradish, what does that have to do with anything?

The crust of prime rib without thyme seems like it wouldn't even be prime ribe to me?

Of course horseradish, what does that have to do with anything?

The crust of prime rib without thyme seems like it wouldn't even be prime ribe to me?

No au jus. Just horseradish.

You know how some people hate cilantro? That's how I am with thyme. I find it completely disgusting.

Straight fuckable.
OK....I’m pretty much a grill exclusive guy....but I’m going to need to do just this.

And the garlic butter thing is bomb. I only do salt and pepper on a good cut, but have found is you add some garlic powder in, grill it, and throw a pat of butter on you get that garlic butter goodness.

That's nonsense. The two together are especially great. How do you make yer prime rib au jus!? Can't even begin to fathom cooking without thyme??

I use the browned butter over the mashed potaters, by the way, and you'd drop trou over em. 🖕
Also very interesting.

Sounds delicious but my arteries are concerned.

OK....I’m pretty much a grill exclusive guy....but I’m going to need to do just this.

And the garlic butter thing is bomb. I only do salt and pepper on a good cut, but have found is you add some garlic powder in, grill it, and throw a pat of butter on you get that garlic butter goodness.

I'm still wondering how he uses an entire stick of butter. My mind is blown.

Tell me how you know what a hippies' armpit tastes like.

1 inch ribeyes should go on a hot grill 4 minutes per side. Take the steak off and let in rest about 5 minutes.

You will get a delicious mid rare.

As for seasoning, I only use salt and black pepper.
1 inch is too thin.

4 minutes is too long

I'm still wondering how he uses an entire stick of butter. My mind is blown.
Well, you gotta make a sauce. Browning knocks it down some, but I’m presuming it’s a good sized cut too.

I wouldn’t eat it daily....but Ima trying this.

You could always use less butter if you want I would guess.