Steak grilling techniques

To add, it I'm grilling steaks, I typically have the butcher cut me 1.25-1.5" ribeyes , preferably bone-in if available. So the times I've listed are for my rare-medium rare preference. I get my wife a filet and will most likely butterfly it for her, since she likes her steak medium.
Most overrated piece of meat ever. Tastes like liver to me.

Most overrated piece of meat ever. Tastes like liver to me.

I think it's over priced, but not overrated. Tastes nothing like liver to me.

I'd rather just get a regular tenderloin and grill it wrapped in bacon.

I think it's over priced, but not overrated. Tastes nothing like liver to me.

I'd rather just get a regular tenderloin and grill it wrapped in bacon.
I agree with Bayou.

It is last on the list of what I choose to eat. Even cheap cuts are better. (flank etc)

Speaking of over/underrated steaks, flat iron steaks are fucking amazing. (and cheap)

If you have a good butcher, ask him for a flat iron. As long as you don't overcook it, you will be in steak heaven.

Speaking of over/underrated steaks, flat iron steaks are fucking amazing. (and cheap)

If you have a good butcher, ask him for a flat iron. As long as you don't overcook it, you will be in steak heaven.
will ferrell lol GIF by NBA

flat iron, you say?

I agree with Bayou.

It is last on the list of what I choose to eat. Even cheap cuts are better. (flank etc)

It's also at the bottom of the list of what I choose to eat as a cut, but really only because I can buy cheaper steaks that taste better.

will ferrell lol GIF by NBA

flat iron, you say?

Yessir. It's a thin steak, but it's just great ... as long as your butcher knows how to cut it right. It comes from the chuck so your butcher needs to know how to slice out the membrane that separates the halves.

If you can get a hanger steak, try that. Only one per cow, so it may not be found readily, but if you've got a local supllier, you may get a hold of one. Not earth shattering, but it is pretty tender.

i also think the most under-appreciated cut is the top sirloin.

maybe that was a bit harsh. of course i'll eat it, but the way people gush over that cut, when it's not as good as many of the other cuts, defies logic to me. it's definitely nowhere near the top of my preferences.

Chuck eye is the most underrated steak. I used to look for them for the kids at first because they were cheaper and were similar to the rib eyes that I'd get for the adults....but then I realized they tasted the same.

They are a lot cheaper per pound though.

Ok, well this I can agree with.

But I feel like everyone knows how delicious top sirloin is.
lol maybe i'm saying that because whenever i hit up the meat dept at the grocery store, it seems like no one is paying attention to the top sirloins, there's always a ton of them, compared to the other cuts that are almost sold out. plus, on more than one occasion i've pan-seared top sirloin when having family over, and they'll say something like, "wow, this is really good, what cut IS this??!" :dhd:

Chuck eye is the most underrated steak. I used to look for them for the kids at first because they were cheaper and were similar to the rib eyes that I'd get for the adults....but then I realized they tasted the same.

They are a lot cheaper per pound though.
oh yeah, forgot about the chuck eye, haven't had one of those in forever! those are good eatin', too

1 inch ribeyes should go on a hot grill 4 minutes per side. Take the steak off and let in rest about 5 minutes.

You will get a delicious mid rare.

As for seasoning, I only use salt and black pepper.
1" ribeye? How fucking poor are you? Hammering a skinny ass steak like that for 8 minutes is going to take you to medium well or better.