Stone + wood cabin

What’s even more crazy about this was me switching from someone building pier and beam all lumber cabin to being led to a mason and then his cousin who’s doing all the woodwork. Them living down the road from a wood mill getting a lot of the wood at good prices compared to the rest of the world.

Right before lumber prices went nuts. This thing is going to cost probably less that the pier and beam I planned out the gate.

God is good. Happy Father’s Day to all thems peoples out there needing lumber right now ;)

Thing is bad ass. Looks like something from old Scotland or something

you can come camping any time Smitty. ;) lol I’ll get a carton of kools and we smoke the hell out our lungs man
I’ll take you up on that one of these days my friend!

That looks really nice man. That stonework is on point brother! Good job!
This is literally the first time I’ve seen BT comment and not at least find one small thing that could be changed or a comment of how to do it better.

Someone timestamp this post and record it for history.

This is literally the first time I’ve seen BT comment and not at least find one small thing that could be changed or a comment of how to do it better.

Someone timestamp this post and record it for history.

tiger hair.jpg

Wise old Tiger knows.

I now a lot because I've done a lot...............

So these guys are telling me it’s 15 degrees cooler in august inside with no windows or doors. Some tree cover but it takes mostly direct sunlight during the midday
@Peter Gozintite
Now he’s just finishing the chimney side and then to start the floor. Doors and windows coming, the loft and wood inside as well.

It's looking great.
Beer Ok GIF by Busch

Good Job
That looks great

What do you have left, and how much more time ??

@SJ76

Excited Ric Flair GIF
Lol. Love that gif

He should be done on the outside in the next week or so. Has to do the top so up and down the scaffold with stone and mortar. Has to do it inside and the outside. Both are 6” thick so 12”
Total. Then it’s stone floor but big pieces about 1-2” thick. Wood stove. Loft. Walls. Kitchen cabinets and counter

bragging ric flair GIF