GAME SUGAR BOWL (Semi): #3 Texas vs #2 Washington • 7:45CT • ESPN

Committe has gotten it right basically every season. I’m going to miss the four team playoff. Just look at the last four semifinal games alone. They’ve been amazing. It’s going to be watered down and diminish the regular season IMO.
I don't think so but I may be totally wrong. I think there will be more meaningful games throughout the season because of more spots available and first round home field/byes. Sure, there will be some blowouts but taking the best four out of the first round and letting 5-12 play first should mitigate that somewhat. Even then, I don't see #5 FSU blowing out #12 Oklahoma just because it is at FSU. Same for 11 Ole Miss/6 Georgia, 10 Penn State/7 Ohio State or 9 Mizzou/8 Oregon.

Final CFP this year
1. MIchigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Florida State
6. Georgia
7. Ohio State
8. Oregon
9. Missouri
10. Penn State
11. Mississippi
12. Oklahoma

I really don't see a lot of difference between #1 Michigan and #12 Oklahoma. Disclaimer: Opt outs/transfer portal could impact some of the matches unequally.

I don't think so but I may be totally wrong. I think there will be more meaningful games throughout the season because of more spots available and first round home field/byes. Sure, there will be some blowouts but taking the best four out of the first round and letting 5-12 play first should mitigate that somewhat. Even then, I don't see #5 FSU blowing out #12 Oklahoma just because it is at FSU. Same for 11 Ole Miss/6 Georgia, 10 Penn State/7 Ohio State or 9 Mizzou/8 Oregon.

Final CFP this year
1. MIchigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Florida State
6. Georgia
7. Ohio State
8. Oregon
9. Missouri
10. Penn State
11. Mississippi
12. Oklahoma

I really don't see a lot of difference between #1 Michigan and #12 Oklahoma. Disclaimer: Opt outs/transfer portal could impact some of the matches unequally.

There is parity at the top of the sport like we haven't seen before. I think some of that is because of the covid year, but Bama, Clemson and UGA all had weaker teams relative to what we are used too. Even OSU was down too in terms of what they typically are. Just take a look at the recent champs, and even teams that didn't win it. 2019 Bama didn't even make the CFP with Tua, Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, Najee Harris etc. because they lost to a team with Burrow, Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson, CEH etc... Not to take away from Michigan and Washington, but the elite talent is more spread out this year, and they have important pieces who typically wouldn't have been eligible to play.

All of this doesn't really matter to Washington and Michigan as one will be champs, and it all counts the same.

Final CFP this year
1. MIchigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Florida State
6. Georgia
7. Ohio State
8. Oregon
9. Missouri
10. Penn State
11. Mississippi
12. Oklahoma

Michigan would pound Oklahoma this year.
Georgia could have competed with anyone after that outside of the 4 selected meh.

Since the bowl games are now a shitshow due to opt-outs the 12 games playoff is the best option on the table but let's not pretend there are more than 6 schools that have a legit shot and in most years it's not more than 3 from past history.

Congrats Washington fans. Pretty cool to see them get each other, there's already a history between the two (they've played 13 times, most notably in the 1992 Rose Bowl). Always liked them
The Don James era Michigan games were all pretty epic. Had a lot of respect for that program in those days. The Warren Moon Rose game v Michigan was one of the biggest games I watched in my youth.

This is for sure going to feel like an old fashioned Rose Bowl to us, even after you already won the real one. The Rose was the ultimate game each year and Pac #1 v B1G #1 was just special.

Fitting the last game of the PAC-12 is going to end with Pac 1 v B1G 1 again.

Michigan would pound Oklahoma this year.
Georgia could have competed with anyone after that outside of the 4 selected meh.

Since the bowl games are now a shitshow due to opt-outs the 12 games playoff is the best option on the table but let's not pretend there are more than 6 schools that have a legit shot and in most years it's not more than 3 from past history.
Im Not No Way GIF

Will the quarterfinal games next year be minor bowl games?

The Don James era Michigan games were all pretty epic. Had a lot of respect for that program in those days. The Warren Moon Rose game v Michigan was one of the biggest games I watched in my youth.

This is for sure going to feel like an old fashioned Rose Bowl to us, even after you already won the real one. The Rose was the ultimate game each year and Pac #1 v B1G #1 was just special.

Fitting the last game of the PAC-12 is going to end with Pac 1 v B1G 1 again.

Unfortunately I missed out on the James era games (was born in Dec 1991), but the 2001/2002 games were great
Congrats, Washington fans.

Was one hell of a game.

Tough loss. Hell of an effort to claw back at the end, but fell just short. Still a great season for you guys

Huskies continue to surprise. Both teams fought valiantly. Thanks for making it an entertaining game!

Unless things have changed, those will be held at the home fields of teams 5-8.
which im still not a fan of. i still think get 4 more bowls from coast to coast to host. Citrus, Alamo, Vegas, Holiday could easily fill those spots and give those teams bowl experiences.
Like would it be so horrible to have had
FSU vs Liberty in the Citrus bowl
UGA vs Ole Miss in the Alamo Bowl
Ohio State Penn State in the Vegas Bowl
Oregon vs Missouri in the Holiday Bowl

I keep thinking if Texas had pulled it off that would have been terrible for the Washington running back that got hurt. He doesn't get hurt and the clock goes down to 16 seconds instead of stopping at like 54.

I keep thinking if Texas had pulled it off that would have been terrible for the Washington running back that got hurt. He doesn't get hurt and the clock goes down to 16 seconds instead of stopping at like 54.
DeBeor would have been taking so much shit for that. He should have just went on a knee, instead of going full Cristobal. Never go full Cristobal

Huskies continue to surprise. Both teams fought valiantly. Thanks for making it an entertaining game!
4 teams played Saturday for the right to go to the Championship. Washington was the only one that looked crisp. Michigan, Bama, and Texas all looked like they had a month off and were sloppy. Washington executed, it’s that simple

DeBeor would have been taking so much shit for that. He should have just went on a knee, instead of going full Cristobal. Never go full Cristobal
It wasn't a bad call. They had a similar situation to end the CCG and Johnson broke through and ended the game. If they can't kill the clock I fully support running conservative plays on the ground to see if you can avoid punting with all the things that can go wrong with that. It just ended up being a tough break and worst case situation. Not even in the same hemisphere as Cristobal refusing to kill the clock to end the game.

which im still not a fan of. i still think get 4 more bowls from coast to coast to host. Citrus, Alamo, Vegas, Holiday could easily fill those spots and give those teams bowl experiences.
Like would it be so horrible to have had
FSU vs Liberty in the Citrus bowl
UGA vs Ole Miss in the Alamo Bowl
Ohio State Penn State in the Vegas Bowl
Oregon vs Missouri in the Holiday Bowl
Not me. I wish they'd play the first two rounds at home sites. Screw the bowls.

The only coaching decision I hated yesterday was the play call on 4th and 1. Take the points there and the end isn't in question to begin with. BUT I didn't even hate going for it at the time, just coming out with some stupid wildcat formation nonsense, taking the ball out of Penix's hands and telling Texas exactly what you're doing, and what you're doing is right into their defensive strength...

That was probably the dumbest offensive decision, or only dumb offensive decision I can remember seeing with this staff.

It wasn't a bad call. They had a similar situation to end the CCG and Johnson broke through and ended the game. If they can't kill the clock I fully support running conservative plays on the ground to see if you can avoid punting with all the things that can go wrong with that. It just ended up being a tough break and worst case situation. Not even in the same hemisphere as Cristobal refusing to kill the clock to end the game.
If he kneels Texas gets the ball with about 15 seconds left.. The odds of him breaking it are about as good as the odds of a fumble or injury..

The only coaching decision I hated yesterday was the play call on 4th and 1. Take the points there and the end isn't in question to begin with. BUT I didn't even hate going for it at the time, just coming out with some stupid wildcat formation nonsense, taking the ball out of Penix's hands and telling Texas exactly what you're doing, and what you're doing is right into their defensive strength...

That was probably the dumbest offensive decision, or only dumb offensive decision I can remember seeing with this staff.
Don’t bring up 4th and 1 to me. I’ll too my hat to DeBoer on that one. It’s 4th and 1 in Washington territory. He sends out Penix to try and get an offsides. He calls timeout. He notices Texas has Trill Carter and Vernon Broughton at DT. The 4th and 5th best tackles for Texas. He sends the the offense back out and runs it for 2 yards. Great awareness and call on his part