Table Saws

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 28,020.00
Lately I’ve been coming to grips with the extremely base table saw I have. It works...decent. But there is no way to install a zero clearance plate on it and smaller cuts just get all caught up making things unsafe. I looked at putting a riving knife in recently, but there is utterly no where in the saw to attach it to. A very base hardware store model.

So....I’m shopping for a “worksite” type of table saw as space is a premium in my garage. I’m looking for something without the above mentioned limitations that can be safer and more sturdy.

Any advice from those in the know?

Wish I could help, but I'm still rocking a '90s era Craftsman table saw.

I'm currently in the market for a decent but small drill press.

Hmmm ... I'm not sure if mine does that. lol

I've always used my table saw to rip boards.

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I don't have a radial arm saw, I have an extending miter saw.

Lately I’ve been coming to grips with the extremely base table saw I have. It works...decent. But there is no way to install a zero clearance plate on it and smaller cuts just get all caught up making things unsafe. I looked at putting a riving knife in recently, but there is utterly no where in the saw to attach it to. A very base hardware store model.

So....I’m shopping for a “worksite” type of table saw as space is a premium in my garage. I’m looking for something without the above mentioned limitations that can be safer and more sturdy.

Any advice from those in the know?

Bosch 4100-10 10" Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand​

• Bosch-4100-10_01.jpg
  • Bosch-4100-10_04.jpg
I highly recommend it. Bout $600 at Lowe's or a variety of online tool suppliers.

Not sure if this would fit your needs, but I picked up a dewalt similar to this a few years back. I don't use it as much as you would likely do, but it's worked well for my needs.

• Bosch-4100-10_01.jpg
  • Bosch-4100-10_04.jpg
I highly recommend it. Bout $600 at Lowe's or a variety of online tool suppliers.
Thanks guys!

Ive seen these and wondered how solid the bases are? Mine has a solid metal static frame, but the damn thing tries to slide all over the place. I’ve had presumption that these would do the same thing.

Love the breakdown storage profile of the Bosch. That could really work for me.

Thanks guys!

Ive seen these and wondered how solid the bases are? Mine has a solid metal static frame, but the damn thing tries to slide all over the place. I’ve had presumption that these would do the same thing.

If that is in your budget I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed. I had a Rigid 10" portable for years and it served me well but this one touch folding mechanism is the balls. The table width can be extended for greater than 26" rips and the plate is convertible for zero clearance or dado set ups.

If that is in your budget I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed. I had a Rigid 10" portable for years and it served me well but this one touch folding mechanism is the balls. The table width can be extended for greater than 26" rips and the plate is convertible for zero clearance or dado set ups.
So far I’ve not been thinking about a budget that high, but I’m open to listening. These are certainly desirable features for me.

• Bosch-4100-10_01.jpg
  • Bosch-4100-10_04.jpg
That's what i have.... It does the job & doesn't take up much space

Thanks guys!

The base on the dewalt is solid. The legs swivel in/out with a "push pin" locking mechanism. Easy to maneuver around and store. You can also remove the saw from the base and mount it in a workshop for a permanent setup, but mine stays in the shed until I need to rip some plywood or have several 2x4s that I need to cut.

Both the dewalt and Bosch are in the same category, price, function, and storage. I wouldn't mind having either, but went with the dewalt since I've had good experience with them on my other tools.

Both the dewalt and Bosch are in the same category, price, function, and storage. I wouldn't mind having either, but went with the dewalt since I've had good experience with them on my other tools.
Thanks. I’ve been thinking (and pre selling with the boss lady) on spending about half that. But, you and Rex have opened my eyes a bit that I might need to think a little bigger.

Did you buy the 8.25 or 10 inch model of this saw? Looking at the Amazon link you gave the 8.25 is much cheaper, but it looks like it doesn’t come with the fold away base.

Thanks. I’ve been thinking (and pre selling with the boss lady) on spending about half that. But, you and Rex have opened my eyes a bit that I might need to think a little bigger.

Did you buy the 8.25 or 10 inch model of this saw? Looking at the Amazon link you gave the 8.25 is much cheaper, but it looks like it doesn’t come with the fold away base.

I got the 10 inch from Lowes. You can get the same stand/base separately, so the 8.25 is really about $50 cheaper than the 10 inch.

You might be able to check out the big box stores for any used/returned or cosmetic issues that a discount could be made.

I would think that you would want a bigger blade. 10" could cut though more material & should have more teeth for better ripping performance. Just my .02

I would think that you would want a bigger blade. 10" could cut though more material & should have more teeth for better ripping performance. Just my .02

Maybe a more powerful motor also. In this case, bigger is better.