Tatis called out for hitting a 3-0 Grand Slam

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 42.00
Watching MLB central and they are talking about Tatis taking a 3-0 and hitting a grand slam in the 8th last night when the Padres were up very big in the game.
Both Mangers got pissed at the kid for swinging and tacking on more runs?
This is the most stupidest conversation I have ever seen from professional sports. Why would a paid professional take a play off to not hurt the opposing teams feelings

I'm a Rangers fan and I am on the side of the conversation defending Tatis.

It's not his fault you have already given up 10 runs. It's not his fault you couldn't find the strike zone in the first three pitches. It's also now hit fault that you threw that weak ass shit he was able to hammer into the bleachers.

And, by the way, Chris Woodward and the Texas Rangers. Last September, you ordered your guys to intentionally not go after an easily playable pop foul just so your pitcher could have a shot at a 200 strikeout season. So, fuck off with your bullshit righteous indignation over the "unwritten rules of baseball".

Watching MLB central and they are talking about Tatis taking a 3-0 and hitting a grand slam in the 8th last night when the Padres were up very big in the game.
Both Mangers got pissed at the kid for swinging and tacking on more runs?
This is the most stupidest conversation I have ever seen from professional sports. Why would a paid professional take a play off to not hurt the opposing teams feelings

LOL that is pathetic. That's what a batter is supposedly do, take advantage of the count...no matter what the score is. A game is never over...I've seen big comebacks before

LOL that is pathetic. That's what a batter is supposedly do, take advantage of the count...no matter what the score is. A game is never over...I've seen big comebacks before

I can't believe it was an actual conversation this morning, my god what's next participation trophies ?

I'm a Rangers fan and I am on the side of the conversation defending Tatis.

It's not his fault you have already given up 10 runs. It's not his fault you couldn't find the strike zone in the first three pitches. It's also now hit fault that you threw that weak ass shit he was able to hammer into the bleachers.

And, by the way, Chris Woodward and the Texas Rangers. Last September, you ordered your guys to intentionally not go after an easily playable pop foul just so your pitcher could have a shot at a 200 strikeout season. So, fuck off with your bullshit righteous indignation over the "unwritten rules of baseball".

They brought that up, little Ripken doesn't let things like be forgotten when teams start bitching about another team.

Old-timers on Twitter from Johnny Bench to Reggie Jackson have come out in defense of Tatis.

It wouldn't be a big deal if a) Chris Woodward wasn't acting like a crybaby cunt about it and b) the Padres didn't have a manager who was on Woodward's staff last year.

Woodward and Tingler are the only two people who seem to have an issue with it.

There's no mercy rule in the Big Leagues.

To quote Jeff Fisher, one of the greatest NFL coaches of all time right behind Buddy Ryan: "Since when do you ask the opposing coach for permission to score?"
I'm sure Bobby Bowden would also have something to say on this topic

If his manager didn't want him to swing, he should have signaled for him to take, but I don't think you ever want to give a young player any kind of direction contrary to "play to win"

Old-timers on Twitter from Johnny Bench to Reggie Jackson have come out in defense of Tatis.

It wouldn't be a big deal if a) Chris Woodward wasn't acting like a crybaby cunt about it and b) the Padres didn't have a manager who was on Woodward's staff last year.

Woodward and Tingler are the only two people who seem to have an issue with it.

Yeah it sounds like its just Woodard and Tingler and the MLB network is magna filing it....
But still Woodard and Tingler need to grow the hell up, and shut up!

Yeah it sounds like its just Woodard and Tingler and the MLB network is magna filing it....
But still Woodard and Tingler need to grow the hell up, and shut up!

The Rangers just need to fire Woodward and get a manager with thicker skin!

That over-sensitive bullshit won't get the Rangers any better than fourth in the AL West. They aren't ever going to be mentally tough enough to be any better than that as long as Woodward is the skipper.

The Rangers just need to fire Woodward and get a manager with thicker skin!

That over-sensitive bullshit won't get the Rangers any better than fourth in the AL West. They aren't ever going to be mentally tough enough to be any better than that

Yeah its major league baseball, there are rules and there are old rules and I don't remember any of those rules being you don't swing when you're up big

Selfish prick. Manager gave him the take sign.

Tatis will wind up being the best of the Tatis/Acuna/Soto/Vlad Jr generation

As a fan of the Rockies who has never felt like there is a lead that their bullpen can protect, I side with Tatis.