Tatis called out for hitting a 3-0 Grand Slam

After Tatis homered, the Rangers threw behind Manny Machado.

Woodward gets a 1-game suspension and the pitcher got three games.

Good. Fuck Chris Woodward!

It just blows my mind that a grown ass man would sit in front of the media and bitch...

As much as everyone wants to hate the Astros Woodard just made the Rangers a target along with the Padres intern manager

It just blows my mind that a grown ass man would sit in front of the media and bitch...

As much as everyone wants to hate the Astros Woodard just made the Rangers a target along with the Padres intern manager

The Padres hired an intern to manage?!

After Tatis homered, the Rangers threw behind Manny Machado.

Woodward gets a 1-game suspension and the pitcher got three games.

Good. Fuck Chris Woodward!
Don't want to get a 3-0 meatball crushed when you're down 10?

1) Don't get down 10.
2) Throw strikes.

Christ, if anything, the strike zone should be bigger at that point, because everyone just wants to get home.

The Rangers just need to fire Woodward and get a manager with thicker skin!

That over-sensitive bullshit won't get the Rangers any better than fourth in the AL West. They aren't ever going to be mentally tough enough to be any better than that as long as Woodward is the skipper.

So who is better Bill O’Brien or Woodard ?

To quote Jeff Fisher, one of the greatest NFL coaches of all time right behind Buddy Ryan: "Since when do you ask the opposing coach for permission to score?"

:ooh:

So, Tatis takes a strike and eventually strikes out ... his runners in scoring position average goes down, his RBI total goes down, his HRs go down and Texas comes back in the bottom of the inning and scores 10 runs. Who does Tatis Jr. apologize then?

This whole thing with Tatis is bullshit and contrived. Nobody should be upset over this. Any retaliation or bitching is purely on the Rangers from what we have been shown. I didn't see Tatis taunting anyone. He missed a sign, so what.

Every old timer should be defending Tatis just because of the overreaction of people using “unwritten rules”. It is no longwe an unwritten rule when you complain about it to the media and on social media. If they didn’t like him, drill him next time up and it is all good. If Tatis’ manager didn’t like then do something behind closed doors.

Every old timer should be defending Tatis just because of the overreaction of people using “unwritten rules”. It is no longwe an unwritten rule when you complain about it to the media and on social media. If they didn’t like him, drill him next time up and it is all good. If Tatis’ manager didn’t like then do something behind closed doors.

I don't know about every old-timer but I did see Johnny Bench and Reggie Jackson defending Tatis.

Those are pretty powerful voices when speaking about old-timers if you ask me.

probably one of the dumbest controversies i have ever heard

shocked that he apologized, tbh

I don't know about every old-timer but I did see Johnny Bench and Reggie Jackson defending Tatis.

Those are pretty powerful voices when speaking about old-timers if you ask me.
I will admit I wasn’t a fan of it. But you don’t throw baby fits. When old timers got man at Bautista for his bat flip the old timers came and said they were mad about it. I don’t remember the Rangers throwing a hissy fit then.

I will admit I wasn’t a fan of it. But you don’t throw baby fits. When old timers got man at Bautista for his bat flip the old timers came and said they were mad about it. I don’t remember the Rangers throwing a hissy fit then.

I do remember a lot of Rangers fans were miffed at the Bautista bat-flip.

The way I saw it, it was a very tense post season game that was going down to the wire. The bat-flip didn't bother me at all then. Context matters.

Showboat wide receivers will do the exaggerated first down pose after a catch even though their team is down four scores and everybody says "he's just an exciting player having fun" but a guy flips a bat after hitting the most important home run of a playoff series and "oh my God he's disrespecting the game!"

Maybe that attitude is one of the reasons why the NFL and NBA are passing MLB in popularity in this country.

I do remember a lot of Rangers fans were miffed at the Bautista bat-flip.

The way I saw it, it was a very tense post season game that was going down to the wire. The bat-flip didn't bother me at all then. Context matters.

Showboat wide receivers will do the exaggerated first down pose after a catch even though their team is down four scores and everybody says "he's just an exciting player having fun" but a guy flips a bat after hitting the most important home run of a playoff series and "oh my God he's disrespecting the game!"

Maybe that attitude is one of the reasons why the NFL and NBA are passing MLB in popularity in this country.
But were the Rangers themselves complaining about it? I know Odor gave Batista a payback but I just don’t recall them being whiny. Fans can go at each other for “unwritten rules” I just think players and coaches whining about defeats the entire purpose. Players whining about that crap to the media to me is like professional wrestlers going up to all the fans in the crowd after their match and tell them it is fake.

But were the Rangers themselves complaining about it? I know Odor gave Batista a payback but I just don’t recall them being whiny. Fans can go at each other for “unwritten rules” I just think players and coaches whining about defeats the entire purpose. Players whining about that crap to the media to me is like professional wrestlers going up to all the fans in the crowd after their match and tell them it is fake.
I don't remember the Rangers themselves giving press conferences over it like Woodward did here but yeah there was a lot of bad blood that carried over on the field between Rangers and Jays players the next season.

I don't remember the Rangers themselves giving press conferences over it like Woodward did here but yeah there was a lot of bad blood that carried over on the field between Rangers and Jays players the next season.
But to me, that is how it is suppose to be and “unwritten rules”. I understand both sides of the Bautista homer run but it got solved IMO how it is suppose to. With Tatis I just don’t get it, it’s not as if he did something egregious. But just drill him in the hip next time and move on.