Texpectations: Longhorn Superthread

Lane has been fired more times than Sark and Sark did a better job at UW than Lane did at Tennessee. No objective person can say Lane > Sark. At worst you can say they are equal.
Lane was at Tennessee for one season and his lone season there was better than Fulmer's last couple of years and the best Tennessee would have until 2015.

Lane was better at USC than Sark, and lead FAU to a couple conference titles.

You're not capable of defending your stance.

Lane was at Tennessee for one season and his lone season there was better than Fulmer's last couple of years and the best Tennessee would have until 2015.

Lane was better at USC than Sark, and lead FAU to a couple conference titles.

You're not capable of defending your stance.
Ok, by your first comments compare Sarks first years at UW compared to Tyrone Willingham’s.

Sark didn’t get fired at SC because of performance. It was substance reasons. Lane got fired at UW because he already sucked then became the only coach in history to lose to Mike Leach when Mike Leach’s offense was shut out.

You honestly can’t say Lane is better than Sark because of FAU and consider that an argument.

Ok, by your first comments compare Sarks first years at UW compared to Tyrone Willingham’s.

Sark didn’t get fired at SC because of performance. It was substance reasons. Lane got fired at UW because he already sucked then became the only coach in history to lose to Mike Leach when Mike Leach’s offense was shut out.

You honestly can’t say Lane is better than Sark because of FAU and consider that an argument.
Tyrone Willingham was a joke, Fulmer is a championship winning coach.

Sark was at USC for less than 2 seasons, Lane was prematurely let go, and given USC's sanctions, he did a pretty good job, Sark was never gonna get close to the 10-2 mark Lane had there. Sark never won more than 9 games as a HC, and that 7-6 mark Kiffin had at Tennessee was what Sark did pretty well every year at Washington.

FAU was 3-9 the year before Kiffin took over, they won 10 games and the conference the next year, that does count, you can discount it all you want to, but you'd be wrong to.

A significant part of your argument seems to be based on one game, and that's just adorable.

Lots of assistants working for guys like Saban and Meyer coaching the elite talent in those programs recruit go to their own programs, can't recruit the same level of talent, and never reach the lofty heights that fans and administrations expect.

Lol Brah...PFF latest article

“And all of this success isn’t entirely because he has open throw after open throw. He's actually thrown into a tight window on 15.2% of his passes this season, a rate that is about four percentage points higher than Tagovailoa's last season and is nearly double that of Justin Fields (8.3%) this year. Oh, and Jones has also been the most accurate passer on tight-window throws this season — by a large margin.”

But you keep doubting
I am suspect on tight window throws. I am not sure that is more of WR or QB stat. There are a lot of factors involved in it, just my opinion but I think high level WR is just as big of a factor as the throw

Tyrone Willingham was a joke, Fulmer is a championship winning coach.

Sark was at USC for less than 2 seasons, Lane was prematurely let go, and given USC's sanctions, he did a pretty good job, Sark was never gonna get close to the 10-2 mark Lane had there. Sark never won more than 9 games as a HC, and that 7-6 mark Kiffin had at Tennessee was what Sark did pretty well every year at Washington.

FAU was 3-9 the year before Kiffin took over, they won 10 games and the conference the next year, that does count, you can discount it all you want to, but you'd be wrong to.

A significant part of your argument seems to be based on one game, and that's just adorable.
Willingham was joke but your argument for FAU isn’t? Washington was one of the premiere jobs on the west coast before Willingham and just came off of going 0-12, with no good recruits and had alumnus that hated what the football had become. He turned them around after Chris Peterson was the number 1 person they wanted but he declined then changed his tune next to around because of Sark.

Sark was at SC and was let go because of alcoholism not performance like Lane was let go.

You can say they are equal in terms of coaching but you saying Lane is a superior coach because of FAU is laughable.

Lots of assistants working for guys like Saban and Meyer coaching the elite talent in those programs recruit go to their own programs, can't recruit the same level of talent, and never reach the lofty heights that fans and administrations expect.
I think the real key to how this works out will be the staff he brings with him. Herman and Strong brought G5 staffs with them and it killed them. Sark has a worked at a lot of high profile programs and the NFL, so he should have a decent Rolodex.

If Sark just keeps Alabama from taking the #1 player at 7 different positions in the state of Texas it will be an immediate improvement over last year.

I like the guy and hope he does well when not playing Alabama. Looking forward to Saban getting two more wins vs former assistants in 2022 and 2023.

Willingham was joke but your argument for FAU isn’t? Washington was one of the premiere jobs on the west coast before Willingham and just came off of going 0-12, with no good recruits and had alumnus that hated what the football had become. He turned them around after Chris Peterson was the number 1 person they wanted but he declined then changed his tune next to around because of Sark.

Sark was at SC and was let go because of alcoholism not performance like Lane was let go.

You can say they are equal in terms of coaching but you saying Lane is a superior coach because of FAU is laughable.
Look at Tennessee before Lane and look at them after Lane.

You completely dismissing what Lane did at FAU discredit your entire argument.

Sark never came close to matching Lane's best season at USC and Sark didn't have the sanctions Lane had to deal with.

Sark has no argument here.

Green Font, excellent touch
For those with broken meters.

keep it 100 mean girls GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

Thompson came in cold. Threw ten passes. One was bad. One was dropped. The other eight were good to great to exceptional.

Herman the Mediocre had us suffering under blockhead Ehlinger for years. Good riddance.

Last edited:
If I didn't hate Kiffin for his bullshit at UT, I'd probably like the man.

and he will always give us Kiffins Krimson Korner

Also, Sark makes an appearance drunk as shit, wanting to pee on Layla. 1:45 mark of the second episode. LOL too funny

Thompson came in cold. Threw ten passes. One was bad. One was dropped. The other eight were good to great to exceptional.

Herman the Mediocre had us suffering under blockhead Ehlinger for years. Good riddance.
One was dropped that would have been a pick 6. He still looked great, but he threw 10 passes vs a shitty Colorado team. Let’s hold off on the Hall of Fame ceremonies for now

I thought to myself, self, where the fuck has this guy been.??

Texas fans have lost their minds over beating a weak Colorado team. Offense has a lot of question marks. OL will be stocked with inexperience. WR group is still a question, will anyone step up. QB is a question mark. Bijan is the only real known high end player. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Yeah i couldn't believe that so many rather had another lame duck season with Tom than having Sark as HC. They were the ones bitching about Tom must be fired at all costs, yet are complaining that Sark is a bad hire..so much so they rather had bring Tom for another year? Then those same people will continue to have bitched and whine throughout the spring and summer over recruiting.. then as soon as we drop another game to let's say WVU early in the season, they want to burn it all to the ground anyways.. cementing two back to back transition classes.. RIDICULOUS.. Let's Roll.
He has the best WR, the best RB and the best O-line in the country. Lane Kiffin made your offense, Locksley and Sark just had to not fuck it up with better weapons and better QBs than Kiffin had.
Sark has avg the most points ever for a Saban coached team.
I would kill for WVU to get a 5 star athlete. It’s been 10 years since we got a high 4 star. I believe.
There was a 5 star DB from WVU.. can't remember if it was in '21 or '22 class.. Close your borders?
IT and 247 ( Burton and Chip) have both said it's not happening.. think it may have something to do with his buyout contract from SCe

Yeah i couldn't believe that so many rather had another lame duck season with Tom than having Sark as HC. They were the ones bitching about Tom must be fired at all costs, yet are complaining that Sark is a bad hire..so much so they rather had bring Tom for another year? Then those same people will continue to have bitched and whine throughout the spring and summer over recruiting.. then as soon as we drop another game to let's say WVU early in the season, they want to burn it all to the ground anyways.. cementing two back to back transition classes.. RIDICULOUS.. Let's Roll.

Sark has avg the most points ever for a Saban coached team.

There was a 5 star DB from WVU.. can't remember if it was in '21 or '22 class.. Close your borders?

IT and 247 ( Burton and Chip) have both said it's not happening.. think it may have something to do with his buyout contract from SCe
WVU has never had a 5 star DB. The state of WV had one this close but he moved to California and went down to a 4 star. He committed to herm. Isaiah Johnson