Texpectations: Longhorn Superthread

Looks like Curt Flood and Jeff Banks are for sure coming with Sark from Bama.

The Muschamp thing is weird.. IT is saying he didn't turn the job down, another outlet reported that, and they haven't heard the same thing. Have no idea what to make of that.

Stan Drayton is staying as RB coach
Banks coached for my guys a few years ago. Then again, so did this guy back in the day. We don't keep good ones.
1609856065936.png

So, Texas’ 32-point margin of victory... That’s tied to firing their coach, right?

So, Texas’ 32-point margin of victory... That’s tied to firing their coach, right?
Yes, because it is always logical to base firing a coach on the performance of 1 game

Yes, because it is always logical to base firing a coach on the performance of 1 game
You’re erroneously placing logic and Texas in the same context.

You’re erroneously placing logic and Texas in the same context.
well he did blow out Utah the bowl season before... Didn't translate for the 20 season.. Also it's even more frustrating knowing he had an absolute monster in the backfield and still would not feed it. Hell Jesse Palmer went on a rant during halftime about it too. Fuck Tom

Seeing how friendly Sark's deal is, I think they do get an elite staff

1609859841754.png

The Muschamp thing is weird.. IT is saying he didn't turn the job down, another outlet reported that, and they haven't heard the same thing. Have no idea what to make of that.

There was no offer. He probably just turned down a courtesy invite to interview.
Journalism is dead.

What does a successful first season under the new Sark regime look like to you?

What does a successful first season under the new Sark regime look like to you?
Each corps gaining in efficiency and efficacy.
Winning the ‘easy’ games solidly by the end of the year.
Team defense and an actual running game coalescing.
A couple of outstanding recruits committing, particularly at OLine and RB.

Is Muschump still the coach in waiting?

I expect our talented offense to fly now that coach mediocritus von saveass is gone.
you are happy your mediocre coach is gone but happy you now have a coach whose best season was 9 wins and averaged 7 wins a season (only counted full seasons) and had the nickname Seven win Sark

Each corps gaining in efficiency and efficacy.
Winning the ‘easy’ games solidly by the end of the year.
Team defense and an actual running game coalescing.
A couple of outstanding recruits committing, particularly at OLine and RB.

any quantifiable things? Yall went 7-3 in this COVID shortened season, and thats certainly below expectations for a 4th year coach at UT.

Assuming a return to the normal 12-game schedule, is 9-3 acceptable? 10 wins the benchmark for good vs disappointing season?

Sark is just a poor man’s Lane Kiffin
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

any quantifiable things? Yall went 7-3 in this COVID shortened season, and thats certainly below expectations for a 4th year coach at UT.

Assuming a return to the normal 12-game schedule, is 9-3 acceptable? 10 wins the benchmark for good vs disappointing season?
7-3 that could have easily been 4-6. No business losing to TCU, going to OT to beat Tech. Tom's decision making vs ISU was some of the worst coaching he's done here, and he's done a lot of WTF was he thinking games while here.

He had a 4 year starting QB, two turnover staffs and was still struggling with teams he had no business doing so. Sark doesn't have to be a savior.. just be competent.. both on gamedays and on the trail.

7-3 that could have easily been 4-6. No business losing to TCU, going to OT to beat Tech. Tom's decision making vs ISU was some of the worst coaching he's done here, and he's done a lot of WTF was he thinking games while here.

He had a 4 year starting QB, two turnover staffs and was still struggling with teams he had no business doing so. Sark doesn't have to be a savior.. just be competent.. both on gamedays and on the trail.

I think I agree that the end record wasn't a real great indicator of just how wheels off the season had been for UT at times. I think Herman is a bright football mind, but in no way can I say he did a good job. Best I can say is that it wasn't a complete disaster.

IMO 8-4 or 9-3 in the first season with clear signs of improvement would be a success for Sark's first year, but im not a UT fan so I'm not really qualified to say so.

I think I agree that the end record wasn't a real great indicator of just how wheels off the season had been for UT at times. I think Herman is a bright football mind, but in no way can I say he did a good job. Best I can say is that it wasn't a complete disaster.

IMO 8-4 or 9-3 in the first season with clear signs of improvement would be a success for Sark's first year, but im not a UT fan so I'm not really qualified to say so.
There's talent here and I expect him to finish at worst 9-3. The toughest games on paper would be ou in Dallas, at isu, at wv, at arkansas.. oh and at tcu. But seeing that..he shouldn't have more than 2 conference losses.

There's talent here and I expect him to finish at worst 9-3. The toughest games on paper would be ou in Dallas, at isu, at wv, at arkansas.. oh and at tcu. But seeing that..he shouldn't have more than 2 conference losses.

How long does Campbell stay at ISU?

Dude has to be on top of the short list for just about every big opening in the country.

Osu will be a tough game for you as well.