Movie The Batman (2022)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
The Batman, to be directed by Matt Reeves (director of Dawn of and War for the Planet of the Apes), will be the 12th film of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU) was formerly intended to be part of the DC Extended Universe but has now been moved out of DCEU continuity. It will follow Black Adam and precede The Flash. It was originally scheduled to release on Friday, June 25, 2021, but has been delayed 4 months by covid to Friday, October 1, 2021, and then further delayed half a year to Friday, March 4, 2022.

This film will be a prequel that explores the early years of Batman, who has been recast from Ben Affleck to Robert Pattinson. Commissioner Gordon has also been recast, from J. K. Simmons to Jeffrey Wright. Other announced cast members include Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as the Riddler, and John Turturro as Carmine Falcone. The film is seeking to cast Colin Farrell as the Penguin and Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth.

Director Matt Reeves has released a promo photo of the new Batmobile:

ESSHpVRXUAAzJlC.jpg:large

New DC FanDome teaser! 🥳

New DC FanDome teaser! 🥳

Above version, despite being the official Warner Bros. upload of the teaser, was apparently ripped from the DC FanDome livestream instead of being a proper direct upload of the source teaser and thus has poor video quality.

In better video quality, a direct upload of the source teaser from director Matt Reeves:

More information from director Matt Reeves at DC FanDome: though inspired by Year One comics, the movie will actually be set during Batman's Year Two, with Year One to be explored in the Gotham PD TV series.

Yeeeeeaaahhh Idk about this. I don't like some of the casting, I also read that the Riddler is supposed to be the villain, but it also has Catwoman and Penguin in it... idk how big their parts will be, but do movies not learn from doing too much?

This movie is what is wrong with the DCEU. They already made Justice League. There is no sense in doing a prequel, let alone should’ve scrapped the stand alone when they had to recast the main 3 characters in the Batman world. They should’ve done a Penguin/Riddler movie with having Batman do minimal cameo’s.

This movie is what is wrong with the DCEU. They already made Justice League. There is no sense in doing a prequel, let alone should’ve scrapped the stand alone when they had to recast the main 3 characters in the Batman world. They should’ve done a Penguin/Riddler movie with having Batman do minimal cameo’s.
I think it is doing the alternate universe thing and building on that.

The way I read it was it is a prequel with the tv series tie in? If I’m wrong my bad, either way I think they have bungled the shit out of DC. IMO the DC has superior hero’s and villains than Marvel, but it has been so jacked up.

That's how I've read it. Supposedly the Flash movie will reset the DCEU. So it appears Wonder Woman will still be Gal Gadot. Jason Mamoa is Aquaman, etc.

That's how I've read it. Supposedly the Flash movie will reset the DCEU. So it appears Wonder Woman will still be Gal Gadot. Jason Mamoa is Aquaman, etc.
Everyone except Batman lol. Not sure how this is going to work out.

Pattinson again? This guy must have a really good agent working for him.

DC trying to playing catch up with Marvel and they keep tripping over their own feet lol
That is what I don't understand... yeah, Marvel beat you to the punch, but why rush it now? You are already late to the party, might as well make a big entrance rather than simply being fashionably late. lol

Above version, despite being the official Warner Bros. upload of the teaser, was apparently ripped from the DC FanDome livestream instead of being a proper direct upload of the source teaser and thus has poor video quality.

In better video quality, a direct upload of the source teaser from director Matt Reeves:

7bf.gif