Movie The Batman (2022)

That is what I don't understand... yeah, Marvel beat you to the punch, but why rush it now? You are already late to the party, might as well make a big entrance rather than simply being fashionably late. lol
Yeah take your time, get it right. Marvel built up over a decade of movies to come out with Endgame. Just take your time DC and you'll make tons of money if you do it right

Not trying to diss Pattinson, he could be great... doubt it, but I don't know and will give him a chance.

But I just finished The Watchmen again and Patrick Wilson's character essentially plays the Batman type, I wonder what he could have done with it. I have always thought he was an underrated actor. Even in movies that happen to be bad, his acting is good.

Batman poster:

1jgngeq60nt71.jpg

Riddler poster:

3m5t77w60nt71.jpg

Another Batman movie?

Temptation Island No GIF by RTL

This actually kinda looks good. I'm intrigued.

"The Bat and the Cat" trailer:

Preview for this before Spiderman. DC Sucks so hard.

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

That is what I don't understand... yeah, Marvel beat you to the punch, but why rush it now? You are already late to the party, might as well make a big entrance rather than simply being fashionably late. lol
Did they beat them to the punch? I get the profit angle regarding the extended universe thing, but seems like the Nolan trilogy was wrapping up as the marvel universe was just starting to figure itself out, and was way better than anything that has come out of it. I’d rather stand alone movies/trilogies if they can approach the Nolan quality than trying to ape the goofy marvel universe stuff. They aren’t doing either though…

DC trying to playing catch up with Marvel and they keep tripping over their own feet lol
To a degree you are correct but I'm really intrigued by their willingness to make weird alternate universe type movies like Joker (which was really good). I've heard there is a possibility that this Batman is in the same universe as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker and if this turns out to be good and they combine the two....we might have something really good headed down the line.

The Titans TV show on HBOMax is as good as any of the Marvel shows and better than most of them. Doom Patrol got too weird for me but it's still better than Wanda/Vision.

The first Wonder Woman movie was better than Black Widow but that second one was terrible.

To a degree you are correct but I'm really intrigued by their willingness to make weird alternate universe type movies like Joker (which was really good). I've heard there is a possibility that this Batman is in the same universe as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker and if this turns out to be good and they combine the two....we might have something really good headed down the line.

The Titans TV show on HBOMax is as good as any of the Marvel shows and better than most of them. Doom Patrol got too weird for me but it's still better than Wanda/Vision.

The first Wonder Woman movie was better than Black Widow but that second one was terrible.
Did you actually view Joker as a "comic book" movie though?

Did you actually view Joker as a "comic book" movie though?
That is what I was expecting and had very low expectations that DC could pull that off. The fact we don't view it as a "comic book" movie is an incredible feat that Marvel hasn't pulled off. In fact, I would argue that as good as the Marvel movies have been they are starting to get formulaic and at times and hindered by continuity.

I think it's a fantastic decision on DC's part to embrace the multi-verse and give filmmakers creative license to do what they want. People aren't talking about it but right now we have multiple versions of Batman out there at the same time for example:

Ben Affleck Batman - Synder's Justice League universe is still out there with Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman movies being made.
Titans Batman - Older retired version
Pattinson's Batman - To be released in 2022
Michael Keaton's Batman - He is going to appear in Flash and talks of him being part of the Batwoman movie

That's crazy when you think about it but it's a brave choice and a choice that I think is going to pay off. It allows them to see what works and what doesn't and re-introduce characters much quicker. For example how long do you think we are going to wait until we see Steve Rogers or Tony Stark in the Marvel Universe again? It will be at least a decade and probably longer if they don't embrace a similar philosophy. I can't stand the fact they won't recast Black Panther because it would be easy in that write-in that Boseman's character died and Wakanda has to have another member of the Royal Family step up and take the mantel. Even Boseman's family is lobbying for this to happen.

Joker was great. I can do without Suicide Squad. This Batman definitely looks different from the Nolan movies which I loved, but I'm willing to give this one a try. I mean it looks really good.

This Batman and Joker being in the same universe would be really interesting. Not sure if it will happen though because Bruce Wayne in Joker was just a little kid so he'd be a geriatric Joker but they could may be find a way around it.

That is what I was expecting and had very low expectations that DC could pull that off. The fact we don't view it as a "comic book" movie is an incredible feat that Marvel hasn't pulled off. In fact, I would argue that as good as the Marvel movies have been they are starting to get formulaic and at times and hindered by continuity.

I think it's a fantastic decision on DC's part to embrace the multi-verse and give filmmakers creative license to do what they want. People aren't talking about it but right now we have multiple versions of Batman out there at the same time for example:

Ben Affleck Batman - Synder's Justice League universe is still out there with Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman movies being made.
Titans Batman - Older retired version
Pattinson's Batman - To be released in 2022
Michael Keaton's Batman - He is going to appear in Flash and talks of him being part of the Batwoman movie

That's crazy when you think about it but it's a brave choice and a choice that I think is going to pay off. It allows them to see what works and what doesn't and re-introduce characters much quicker. For example how long do you think we are going to wait until we see Steve Rogers or Tony Stark in the Marvel Universe again? It will be at least a decade and probably longer if they don't embrace a similar philosophy. I can't stand the fact they won't recast Black Panther because it would be easy in that write-in that Boseman's character died and Wakanda has to have another member of the Royal Family step up and take the mantel. Even Boseman's family is lobbying for this to happen.
Interesting take.

I'm learning from these threads that I'm probably too much of a casual movie/comic book person. I don't go into the movies to connect the dots and look at universes and shit. I go into the comic book movies and want to see the boomcrashbang pewpewpew. The Joker was cool from an artistic standpoint on trying to be a movie on "mental health". In wanting to see some pewpewpew, I left with a "meh" feeling. Outside of the two seconds where Joker meets kid Batman, it's not a comic book movie.

It's the same reason I tapped out on Wandavision 45 minutes into the series.

Funeral scene promo clip: