Movie The Batman (2022)

I am actually kinda sad that I have absolutely zero anticipation for this one.

I am actually kinda sad that I have absolutely zero anticipation for this one.

You should if you like Batman movies. I think it's going to be the best thing by far that DC has put out since the Nolan Batman movies. I think Matt Reeves is a pretty good under the radar director who can make some dark movies with violent action that I think will mix well with Batman. Robert Pattison has also been consistently establishing himself as one of the best young actors out there.

It's going to great. I'm expecting a dark Se7en style detective movie with Batman going too far at times whooping people's asses trying to figure out his limits since this is supposed to be Batman a year after he started becoming Batman.

I think it will be a big swing and a big miss. Zoey Kravitz isn't a good actress in my opinion, hopefully she is used minimally. Colin Farrell is hit and miss. Pattinson is solid, but he has never done a role like this. As for straight up looks, I think he looks solid as Batman, but looks like the worst Bruce Wayne. Paul Dano is an underrated actor though, he is usually really good i.e. There Will Be Blood, Prisoners. I am not a fan of Peter Sarsgaard or Andy Serkis. I think Serkis is a good physical actor as he played Gollum and the apes in the new POTA movies.

As for the director, I have seen Cloverfield and the 2 POTA movies he did. I didn't think any were particually bad, but nothing amazing either. I also think Batman, especially a more dark, graphic novel-like Batman is like nothing he has done before. Movies always seem to heavily lack when they try to pack so much into one outing without proper building to it. Think of Spiderman 3 or Batman v Superman as just a couple of examples where they tried too fit too much. In this movie you are going to have Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman, I doubt any really get fleshed out as each deserve their own story. It is a big swing, but from the trailer, it looks like it is going to be a miss to me. I will wait to redbox it and in the meantime, hope for the best.

I think it will be a big swing and a big miss. Zoey Kravitz isn't a good actress in my opinion, hopefully she is used minimally. Colin Farrell is hit and miss. Pattinson is solid, but he has never done a role like this. As for straight up looks, I think he looks solid as Batman, but looks like the worst Bruce Wayne. Paul Dano is an underrated actor though, he is usually really good i.e. There Will Be Blood, Prisoners. I am not a fan of Peter Sarsgaard or Andy Serkis. I think Serkis is a good physical actor as he played Gollum and the apes in the new POTA movies.

As for the director, I have seen Cloverfield and the 2 POTA movies he did. I didn't think any were particually bad, but nothing amazing either. I also think Batman, especially a more dark, graphic novel-like Batman is like nothing he has done before. Movies always seem to heavily lack when they try to pack so much into one outing without proper building to it. Think of Spiderman 3 or Batman v Superman as just a couple of examples where they tried too fit too much. In this movie you are going to have Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman, I doubt any really get fleshed out as each deserve their own story. It is a big swing, but from the trailer, it looks like it is going to be a miss to me. I will wait to redbox it and in the meantime, hope for the best.

What would a role like batman be? He's done darker work. He's done some really good work in the last few years.

If you don't think that Matt Reeves hasn't done a dark graphic novel type movie before then you just haven't seen Let Me In. It is a very dark and violent vampire movie.

What would a role like batman be? He's done darker work. He's done some really good work in the last few years.
I haven't seen all of Pattinsons work, but the only recent things I can think of that are remotely dark is something like The Lighthouse, but I don't see hwo that is transferable to Batman in the same essence of 'dark'.

If you don't think that Matt Reeves hasn't done a dark graphic novel type movie before then you just haven't seen Let Me In. It is a very dark and violent vampire movie.

Just because it is a vampire, doesn't make it a "dark" movie. Like-wise, Se7en isn't a "dark" movie either, it's a neo-noir that was stylized, but I will say that Se7en is much closer to a graphic novel style than Let Me In.

Hey, maybe it will be incredible, I am just saying that based on the casting and the trailer, it doesn't look that great and I have a huge worry that it will try to do way too much.

I haven't seen all of Pattinsons work, but the only recent things I can think of that are remotely dark is something like The Lighthouse, but I don't see hwo that is transferable to Batman in the same essence of 'dark'.

Just because it is a vampire, doesn't make it a "dark" movie. Like-wise, Se7en isn't a "dark" movie either, it's a neo-noir that was stylized, but I will say that Se7en is much closer to a graphic novel style than Let Me In.

Hey, maybe it will be incredible, I am just saying that based on the casting and the trailer, it doesn't look that great and I have a huge worry that it will try to do way too much.

Let Me In was absolutely a dark movie.

As for Pattison, besides lighthouse which he was really good in he was also really good in King Henry. I think he's more than capable of pulling off a very dark Batman.

Let Me In was absolutely a dark movie.
I suppose dark can mean many things, in what way are you relating it to The Batman? Someone could call the POTA movies dark, but I wouldn't call them that.
As for Pattison, besides lighthouse which he was really good in he was also really good in King Henry. I think he's more than capable of pulling off a very dark Batman.

I never said Pattinson was a bad actor, but I am not seeing the point of this clip. Is it relatable to the role of Batman or Bruce Wayne? Obviously Batman hasn't come out yet, so I am basing my statements off of the trailer. He looks like a solid Batman, but I question his Bruce Wayne. The trailer comes off more as one of those rated R animated feature Batman movies, only sad part is... this movie is rated PG-13. Not sure how dark you are expecting, but maybe you have a different take on what that means. Idk, it's all good.

Side note: If you want to watch a different take on a vampire movie, check out...

1645414822265.png

so different it doesn't really feel like a vampire movie. But it has it's own dark tendencies.

My point is that Pattinson has displayed he has range to his acting and as such I see him more than capable of performing the Baan role which isn't that complicated of one.

Can't wait for someone to make a "Pattinson Sparkles in The Batman" review.

Zero interest in seeing this. I've seen all the other iterations of batman except Aflecks. Maybe its just me that has a hard time seeing the same story told for the 10th time.

For what it's worth they aren't doing the origin story.

It's supposed to be a Batman Year 2 type story where he's about a year into it and he's trying to figure out how to be Batman and what are the lines he will set for himself and won't pass when it comes to violence that he creates. It's also supposed to be more of a detective Batman movie then we have seen before.

For what it's worth they aren't doing the origin story.

It's supposed to be a Batman Year 2 type story where he's about a year into it and he's trying to figure out how to be Batman and what are the lines he will set for himself and won't pass when it comes to violence that he creates. It's also supposed to be more of a detective Batman movie then we have seen before.
This is young-Affleck, correct? Or yet another iteration?

This is young-Affleck, correct? Or yet another iteration?

Has nothing at all to do with that god awful DC Universe that Ben Afleck was apart of.

It's just year 2 because the director felt everyone has seen the origin story of Batman plenty of times and they can just skip that. But it will still be looking at a young early on Batman since it's only his 2nd year.

Strangely enough I watched the Keaton/Nicholson/Bassinger Batman last night.

One of the last movies I saw in a theatre.

Still enjoy it.

Colin Farrell as the Penguin is kinda intriguing.