The Blindside is all a lie according to Michael Oher

Feel like I remember knowing the story was bullshit before the movie even came out.

Which is why I never saw the movie.

Like the whole “Heaven is Real” movie/lie.

I'm waiting for the Art Howe lawsuit :wink:

This entire thing is bizarre. You are telling me this guy had an agent for a decade and decides now to sue? He also wrote in his book in 2010 that he knew he wasn’t adopted. Not doubting the family used him to cash in but it’s very odd

This entire thing is bizarre. You are telling me this guy had an agent for a decade and decides now to sue? He also wrote in his book in 2010 that he knew he wasn’t adopted. Not doubting the family used him to cash in but it’s very odd

I mean, this is not evidence of anything but the family had/has a ton of money before/besides any "fame" that came from the book/movie. I haven't looked at the specifics of what Oher is saying specifically now but "they used him to get rich!" is not a narrative that seems to make sense or "pass the smell test".

Three takeaways from the thread:

1. Rich people fighting rich people over money

2. Based on a "True Story" means fiction

3. No good deed goes unpunished

Why I really don't care ... see #1

When the movie came out he reportedly hated his portrayal in it ( basically a helpless oaf that was saved by the Touy family). He already was a gifted athlete at the school, the mom didn’t teach him football, and she sure as shit didn’t go into the ghetto and confront and threaten the local crime lord.
From what I've read, he was a standout as a 9th grader but probably wasn't even going back to school in the 10th grade. But yeah, the movie made it seem like he didn't know what football was basically.

'Blind Side' author Michael Lewis breaks silence on Michael Oher petition against Tuohy family

A couple of key takeaways:

The family’s attorney also said the Tuohys and Oher had been estranged for about a decade. Steve Farese said Oher had become "more and more vocal and more and more threatening" over the past decade or so, and this is "devastating for the family."

Michael Singer, another attorney who represents the Tuohys, said Tuesday that Oher threatened to "plant" a negative story in the press about the family unless they paid him $15 million. Singer denied the allegations leveled against the Tuohy family in Oher’s petition to end their conservatorship, calling them "hurtful and absurd."

This story is starting to make me suspect CTE might be playing a factor as is social corruption by a racist "buddy" who wants to stick "whitey" for everything they can.

What I don’t really get is they didn’t need to “cash in.” They were already filthy rich. Maybe they’re that greedy but the more I read about this it sounds like Oher hasn’t managed his wealth that good and is looking for a pay day, or he’s playing racial victim for a new income stream.

If they really wanted to help him when he was a kid, this seems an awful way to thank them. If they were really taking advantage of Oher, then fuck em.

What I don’t really get is they didn’t need to “cash in.” They were already filthy rich. Maybe they’re that greedy but the more I read about this it sounds like Oher hasn’t managed his wealth that good and is looking for a pay day, or he’s playing racial victim for a new income stream.

If they really wanted to help him when he was a kid, this seems an awful way to thank them. If they were really taking advantage of Oher, then fuck em.

thats the thing. I don't think anyone really knows and it all he said they said now.

but they having good lawyers is sure making Oher look like Jussie.

And because the type of people who get pissed at this stuff are dumber than dirt, now they want the Film Academy to seize Sandra Bullock's Oscar back:

You couldn't write this stuff, if you tried. Oher can say what he wants, people can either support him or not, come down on the Tuohy's or not... but attacking the dumb movie about it, is like getting angry at the color red.

And because the type of people who get pissed at this stuff are dumber than dirt, now they want the Film Academy to seize Sandra Bullock's Oscar back:

You couldn't write this stuff, if you tried. Oher can say what he wants, people can either support him or not, come down on the Tuohy's or not... but attacking the dumb movie about it, is like getting angry at the color red.

yeah i saw this bullshit.. wtf she didn't do nuffin

Oher's petition asks the court to end the Tuohys' conservatorship and to issue an injunction barring them from using his name and likeness. It also seeks a full accounting of the money the Tuohys earned using Oher's name, and to have the couple pay him his fair share of profits, as well as unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
Wait...wait...wait

So Tim McGraw wasn't his daddy?

I haven’t seen the movie, so I’ll need to use my own criteria to determine whether she deserves to keep her award:

Does she get naked in the movie?

I haven’t seen the movie, so I’ll need to use my own criteria to determine whether she deserves to keep her award:

Remember her in that movie The Net? Lets just say it had more sex than the Blindside

Yes, by most of her body is obscured by large nude black offensive linemen and Ole Miss logos.