The European Super League Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 499.00

Not sure how I feel about this. This is going to fuck a lot of people up.

Agreed, its pure greed to join this. It hurts so many.
If Bayern leave the Bundesliga, Pokal, I will be done with them. FIFA says any player in this league will be banned, including the World Cup. Supposedly two German teams? Who Bayern and Dortmund? What about Leipzig, Wolfsburg, etc. They are UCL quality teams. It is a joke. Most of the League seems to be English teams. May expand UCL to 36 teams to stave this off.

It would be like if college basketball had the top 20 teams break away from the tournament and have their own "super tournament" every year. Not quite the same thing as this is a much bigger deal but somewhat comparable.

so basically this crap would replace Champions league?

More than that. These teams no longer in their domestic leagues either I believe.
The way I’m seeing it this is basically a champions league like thing. It’s midweek games but the teams would remain in their national leagues. (Unless they get kicked out) But it kills the domestic cup games like the FA cup and Carabo Cup in England. Which in turn is awful for every other club not in this.

The way I’m seeing it this is basically a champions league like thing. It’s midweek games but the teams would remain in their national leagues. (Unless they get kicked out) But it kills the domestic cup games like the FA cup and Carabo Cup in England. Which in turn is awful for every other club not in this.
How arrogant thinking they can still play in their leagues. Once the fans are back can you imagine one of these teams playing a road game against a team not in the Super League? The bus won't even get to the stadium with some of these fans.

Also looked at board members for this, Kronke and the Glasers, fat cat NFL owners screwing up European football. Kronke and his Walmart money.

I agree. It kills the opportunity for the little guy. I am a Bayern fan, but who didn't like Holstein Kiel knocking them out of the Pokal? Holstein is in the Semi Finals of this. Revenue will die for these teams, and many may go under and possibly less football opportunities for players and even academies, good ones like Southhampton, Schalke (at one point). Few players having jobs, definitely getting paid less. This only helps the elite of the elite, teams and players.

Look at Juve this year. Hanging by a thread now to make UCL. I can see why they want a Super League. PSG too ( even though they have declined for now). Decent teams like Atalanta, Sevilla, Lazio, Roma, Leipzig, Villareal, Ajax, Leicester, Everton, West Ham are totally screwed.

Ultimate in greed!!! Period!

How arrogant thinking they can still play in their leagues. Once the fans are back can you imagine one of these teams playing a road game against a team not in the Super League? The bus won't even get to the stadium with some of these fans.

Also looked at board members for this, Kronke and the Glasers, fat cat NFL owners screwing up European football. Kronke and his Walmart money.

I agree. It kills the opportunity for the little guy. I am a Bayern fan, but who didn't like Holstein Kiel knocking them out of the Pokal? Holstein is in the Semi Finals of this. Revenue will die for these teams, and many may go under and possibly less football opportunities for players and even academies, good ones like Southhampton, Schalke (at one point). Few players having jobs, definitely getting paid less. This only helps the elite of the elite, teams and players.

Look at Juve this year. Hanging by a thread now to make UCL. I can see why they want a Super League. PSG too ( even though they have declined for now). Decent teams like Atalanta, Sevilla, Lazio, Roma, Leipzig, Villareal, Ajax, Leicester, Everton, West Ham are totally screwed.

Ultimate in greed!!! Period!
Yeah it kills the idea of open competition. Its definitely greed.

I want to see if these domestic leagues kick them out. I’m sure they want to but they almost can’t can they?

Kronke sees his Arsenal shitting the bed this year and not making Europe, the Super League is guaranteed money for him and doesn't even have to do anything to improve the team. How you like them apples? Live off the backs of the big spenders like Man City, Real Madrid, Chelsea, etc....

Yeah it kills the idea of open competition. Its definitely greed.

I want to see if these domestic leagues kick them out. I’m sure they want to but they almost can’t can they?
You are correct. They are the draw globally but not in their country. Fan bases are localized countrywide.

You are correct. They are the draw globally but not in their country. Fan bases are localized countrywide.
Yeah, that money pot would be shrunken massively if they kick these teams out. Don’t see it happening even though it should.

So we are just waiting on Bayern, Dortmund and PSG to confirm?