The European Super League Thread

You think Everton, West Ham, or Leicester will be able to compete on even grounds with Spurs and Arsenal (who they are arguably better than right now) once those 2 clubs start reaping the benefits from Super League? Will they ever be able to catch the likes of City, Utd, Liverpool, or Chelsea? Impossible.

And here we have it. Really all that needs to be said on Super League (via SkySports):

View attachment 27573
Well it is the end of soccer as we know it. If Bayern goes for this, I am done with them. I won't watch it. Bundesliga been around my whole life, 1963 (born 1961), my opa got me into Bundesliga around 1972...and now totally gone. Just not for me. It is like the USFL, Indoor soccer, arena football, blah blah blah can't force something and expect it to be hip hip hooray with the fans. Many fans don't care, and will think nothing of it. Look at the reaction of all the ex UK football stars. Appalled. America getting their greedy hands into European football.

Well it is the end of soccer as we know it. If Bayern goes for this, I am done with them. I won't watch it. Bundesliga been around my whole life, 1963 (born 1961), my opa got me into Bundesliga around 1972...and now totally gone. Just not for me. It is like the USFL, Indoor soccer, arena football, blah blah blah can't force something and expect it to be hip hip hooray with the fans. Many fans don't care, and will think nothing of it. Look at the reaction of all the ex UK football stars. Appalled. America getting their greedy hands into European football.
Agreed, but it's not just American owners, only 4 of the 12 have American owners (Arsenal, ManU, Liverpool and AC Milan). And I'm certain the President of the Super League Florentino Perez (Real Madrid) is behind it all, he's such a greedy and corrupt prick.

Last edited:
News like this makes me very happy I went ahead and got a subscription to The Athletic. Some really good articles about all this.

"I do not believe the Super League will solve the financial problems of European clubs that have arisen as result of the coronavirus pandemic. Rather, all clubs in Europe should work in solidarity to ensure that the cost structure, especially players' salaries and agents' fees, are brought in line with revenues, to make all of European football more rational."

They should, but won't.

Not sure if Bayern and Dortmund would seeing as how the German model is that teams are basically fan owned and ran. except for Leipzig I believe, and I'm not sure the German fans would stand for it. I'm not surprised by the likes of Arsenal, Man U, City, Liverpool, Juventus etc, even AC Milan and Inter they all have greedy owners.

I am a bit surprised when it comes to Real Madrid and Barcelona, considering they are owned by their members i.e. socios, and from reading several sites neither of their fans are happy about it and can vote out Perez (Real Madrid) and Laporta (Barca) and all the people running the teams.

And call me a cynic, but I'm not fully believing UEFA or FIFA when they talk about punishing these teams etc, I have a feeling they are just playing hardball to make sure they get their substantial cut.
Everything you said, you NAILED.

Don't do it Germany!!

I’m seeing rumors flying around like hot cakes. Hard to tell what will end up happening at this point.

I will be very surprised if they don't end up capitulating and joining. They can always fall back on the "we were forced into this or face being left behind" and come out as sort of the good guys fighting till the very end.

I will be very surprised if they don't end up capitulating and joining. They can always fall back on the "we were forced into this or face being left behind" and come out as sort of the good guys fighting till the very end.
My thoughts also. If they don’t act gung-ho about it, they can always play the “we had no choice” angle. Would still be disappointing for me as a Bayern and Bundesliga fan.

My thoughts also. If they don’t act gung-ho about it, they can always play the “we had no choice” angle. Would still be disappointing for me as a Bayern and Bundesliga fan.
They won't be the good guys to me if they do it.

Where‘s PSG in all of this? I really don’t want this to happen but it’d be funny as fuck if they left out them.

Just read that. Had special t shirts made up for the Liverpool players. 1000 fans blocke the bus. I feel bad the players and Klopp. Thrown under the bus literally today. Sounds like players and Klopp not thrilled with the Super League but we'll see when / if they get a piece of the pie beng on one of these teams. Leeds, have every right to let them have it. Wait until this weekend though. It will be worse.

Just read that. Had special t shirts made up for the Liverpool players. 1000 fans blocke the bus. I feel bad the players and Klopp. Thrown under the bus literally today. Sounds like players and Klopp not thrilled with the Super League but we'll see when / if they get a piece of the pie beng on one of these teams. Leeds, have every right to let them have it. Wait until this weekend though. It will be worse.
Yeah it was unfortunate. It’s also unfortunate to give up a goal in the last 3 minutes and lose it on a crucial 3 points. But some would call that justice.