The European Super League Thread

Germany Euro team this summer after the bans: Muller, Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka, Sule, Reus, Dahoud, Neuhaus, Musiala, Draxler, Nubel, Max, Klosterman, Halstenberg, Boateng, Hummels, Sane, Ginter, Goosens, Waldschmidt, Volland, Neuer.

The English national team is equally hilarious

Yeah, I can't see that really happening. If UEFA wants to kick them out of their competitions, fine by me, and if their respective FA's want to punish them, I'm fine with that too. But I can't see them banning players from representing their countries.

Besides weakening the international game, and basically punishinh players for something they had/have no say in, there are other issues. Banning players from the World Cup because of the SL would have a lot of legal effects IMO, mainly because of contracts players have with these teams. Would players be allowed out of their contract? Would they be able to sign elsewhere without transfer fees? Would these teams sue FIFA if the contracts were somehow voided? The list goes on.
Well said. I don’t see this impacting World Cup at all. Depending on what teams line up for this it would have impact on FA and UEFA cups too, as it could take an awful lot of star power out of those tournaments.

That might end up being a “irresistible force meets immovable object” thing as I could totally see those organizations taking the “we aren’t bowing down” tact and promoting how this opens their tournaments up for so many long suffering fan bases to see their teams find glory.

And now this:

Gotta hand it to the owners. Brazen enough to show all their cards and flaunt their greed. First take the club from the fans, then ensure the players don't have control. Full on NFL style.

And now this:

Gotta hand it to the owners. Brazen enough to show all their cards and flaunt their greed. First take the club from the fans, then ensure the players don't have control. Full on NFL style.

The irony is that guys like Perez bemoan player high wages etc, yet he's the one that started the outlandish wages and transfer fees when he was building "Los Galacticos" in the late 90's/early 2000s. And has continued to this day.

The irony is that guys like Perez bemoan player high wages etc, yet he's the one that started the outlandish wages and transfer fees when he was building "Los Galacticos" in the late 90's/early 2000s. And has continued to this day.

Yeah, its full NFL style now. The revenue for member clubs will still be so huge that their payrolls will dwarf non-members, so they will continue to dominate their domestic leagues (if they're even allowed to continue to participate in those leagues). It also hard caps player salaries, which fundamentally pulls the power away from agents and players and towards the billionaire owners.

New yachts for everyone!

And now this:

That was exactly the way I read it. Especially the enticing “slightly more than 50% revenue to salary” in exchange for a cap just sounds so NFL.

I’m not crazy about it....

That was exactly the way I read it. Especially the enticing “slightly more than 50% revenue to salary” in exchange for a cap just sounds so NFL.

I’m not crazy about it....

Before long they'll be talking trades for draft picks

And moving franchises. Abramovich takes Chelsea to Moscow lol. Doesn't matter where they play. Doesn't matter if they win. Money only. This has America all over it. I see Pep came out against it today. Pep can resign and go back to Bayern.

I'm sure they already have, I'll bet anything there was some backroom deal between Perz and Agnelli when Cristiano Ronaldo went to Juventus.

Perez is a cancer, and Agnelli (like is father) is just a gangster disguised as a businessman. Think Don Lucchesi in Godfather 3.

I'm sure they already have, I'll bet anything there was some backroom deal between Perz and Agnelli when Cristiano Ronaldo went to Juventus.

Perez is a cancer, and Agnelli (like is father) is just a gangster disguised as a businessman. Think Don Lucchesi in Godfather 3.

Rummenegge replaced Agnelli. Agnelli wont return Rummegge calls. What a prick!

A lot of people seem to hate it, so I love it.

Big shouts out to Bayern and PSG for standing their ground and saying no.

Those 2 staying out may have prevented this whole thing from happening.
Agreed, but also don't underestimate the fans or players. Everything I've read so far in regards to Chelsea is it was the massive fan protests and every player said they were against it and didn't want to play in it. Probably similar with City.

I also read that Chelsea and Man City were the last to join the 12 and weren't a driving force behind it, it was more of them not wanting to get left out/behind.

Seriously though, big kudos to all the fans who have protested.

Agreed, but also don't underestimate the fans or players. Everything I've read so far in regards to Chelsea is it was the massive fan protests and every player said they were against it and didn't want to play in it. Probably similar with City.

I also read that Chelsea and Man City were the last to join the 12 and weren't a driving force behind it, it was more of them not wanting to get left out/behind.

Seriously though, big kudos to all the fans who have protested.

Could well be true. Seeing the other 2 big clubs reject the offer perhaps gave them the courage to do the same.

Spurs will be last to leave so we can finally collect our long awaited trophy.