THE FINAL REAL CFB NATTY

"It began with the forging of the Great Search Engines. One was granted by Excite, fairest of all websites. Another to the Dogpile, great miners and craftsmen of information. And another was created by MSN, who above all else, desired power. For within these Search Engines was bound the strength and will to govern each people.

"But they were all of them deceived, for another Search Engine was made. In the land of California, in the fires of Palo Alto, the Dark Lord Google forged, in secret, a Master Search Engine to control all others. And into this Search Engine, he poured his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One Search Engine to rule them all."

Excite had an offer to buy Google for 1 million dollars and didn't go through with it. Nice facepalm there.

Like all the people that turned down Jeff Bezos when he asked for a 10000 dollar investment initially for the Amazon start up. That 10000 dollars, if never sold, would be worth 1.07 billion today

Woot. First nat’l title since 1948.

Enjoy it, UM fans. Especially @NewPhoneWhoDis’s homie who got cancer and shit. :tea:
He had the time of his life watching the game. He had a good sense of humor about it though. We were texting during the game and after we won he said -- he said, "I can die happy now"

Unlike every other sport, the one thing cfb had was that every single game mattered.

An undefeated team got left out for a team with one loss and you are on here crying about "every game matters". Every game has not mattered several times already in the past 20 years.

Has Washington even won a natty? Having a hard time finding it on the World Wide Web.

too bad for Washington. Thought they might get their first one. Didn’t have much heart or determination tonight.
They won one in 1991, split with Miami. Canes (AP), Huskies (Coaches)

It took about 2 seconds, stop trying to find nekkid Lizzo pics.

It sucks enough when a team that wins the National League after 162 games loses to a wild card team in a three game series… here we are talking about ONE game.

Nah. Four teams is the best size. It takes an extremely rare season like 2023 to test that, but in every other year, four is correct.
The difference between MLB and CFB is that there are 30 teams in MLB that all play each other at least 2 or 3 times, 6-8 times if you are in the same league and/or division. So the regular season actually could be the playoffs because we know who the best teams are over 6 months.

Meanwhile, with your 4 team tournament, 99% of the games have no NC meaning, and you get things where an undefeated conference champion gets left out and we argue whether they were good enough because of an injury.

In CFB, the regular season tournaments that matter are the conferences. I am sure that as disappointed as Bama is that they didn't win the NC, they are glad to be the SECC. Because each team plays most of the teams in the conference, you have a good idea at the end of the season which team is best.

The difference between MLB and CFB is that there are 32 teams in MLB that all play each other at least 2 or 3 times, 6-8 times if you are in the same league and/or division. So the regular season actually could be the playoffs because we know who the best teams are over 6 months.

Meanwhile, with your 4 team tournament, 99% of the games have no NC meaning, and you get things where an undefeated conference champion gets left out and we argue whether they were good enough because of an injury.

In CFB, the regular season tournaments that matter are the conferences. I am sure that as disappointed as Bama is that they didn't win the NC, they are glad to be the SECC. Because each team plays most of the teams in the conference, you have a good idea at the end of the season which team is best.

30*

but yeah

yes. It will. Because lots of teams can lose two games and not give a fuck.

“Well, now we might not get a bye” isn’t an impactful motivator vs not having a chance at a natty at all.

Pure bunk.

Besides the rarest of years like this year coincidentally happens to be, usually two and rarely three teams have a legit argument to being the best team.

Four team playoff is best
If your team doesn't give a fuck when you lose, that's a "you" issue, not a CFB issue.

Plus, with byes and home-field advantage, there are plenty of reasons to want to win other than simply hating Auburn, I mean whoever you are playing.

Fuck that, next year, and every year after will be the realest championships.

Eat shit with every game matters when an undefeated team is left out. 12 making it out of 130 whatever and a playoff bye being huge isn’t going to take anything away from the regular season.

Now we’ll get an extra 8 games that matter with fewer players bailing on in the post season.

There is no downside. The new way will still leave plenty of room for objective nonsense for everyone clinging to the old way even.
If the G5 split off and did their own CFP, using some of the lesser bowls, we could have an even more exciting system.

They won one in 1991, split with Miami. Canes (AP), Huskies (Coaches)

It took about 2 seconds, stop trying to find nekkid Lizzo pics.
They didn't win it in 91. Try again.

Congrats to Michigan on winning the very last real cfb national championship.

Unlike every other sport, the one thing cfb had was that every single game mattered.

With a 12-team playoff next year, from now on, we’ll just be crowning an end-of-the-season tourney. Cool enough, but not the same.

Now, one or even two losses will mean nothing to many many teams trying to get into the CFP.

Sucks, too, because the Longhorns could have won this last real natty.

Congrats again, maize n blue.

i said last year that the "very last real CFP national championship" belonged to Georgia because it was the last one before the NIL explosion.

i said last year that the "very last real CFP national championship" belonged to Georgia because it was the last one before the NIL explosion.
You been before other teams could compete with SEC/OU/tOSU/USC style cheating? Weird take, bro.

If your team doesn't give a fuck when you lose, that's a "you" issue, not a CFB issue.

Plus, with byes and home-field advantage, there are plenty of reasons to want to win other than simply hating Auburn, I mean whoever you are playing.
You’re seriously trying to subsume all external motivational factors including playoff structure to “the boys just wanna win.”
Might as well just make a 32 team playoff
Fucking laughable.

Congrats to Michigan on winning the very last real cfb national championship.

With a 12-team playoff next year, from now on, we’ll just be crowning an end-of-the-season tourney. Cool enough, but not the same.

Now, one or even two losses will mean nothing to many many teams trying to get into the CFP.

Sucks, too, because the Longhorns could have won this last real natty.

Congrats again, maize n blue.
To your second paragraph, No ACC game mattered this year.

What I'd give to see a #5 or lower ranked team win the NC next year to shut up all the honks who don't like an expanded playoff. The worst ones are the doofus fuckers who just LOVE the NIL and transfer portal but whine like a little girl that the expanded playoff has somehow taken away the traditional importance of the regular season games.

You’re seriously trying to subsume all external motivational factors including playoff structure to “the boys just wanna win.”
Fucking laughable.
I'm in.

Fucking laughable.
I have no idea what you just wrote in your first sentence.

Here is what I do know:

- 132 teams - you can't come close to playing enough cross-conference teams to have a solid idea as to who the top 4 are.

- 4 was a stupid number when you had 5 P5 conferences, now 4, and 5 G5 conferences. One was always going to be left out and how would we know who belonged in? For example, a team like Texas might get the nod over a team like Washington from the PAC, but we know that wasn't right. And a team like Texas did get a nod over a team like FSU and we don't know if that was right.

- As this year showed, it's better to have a couple more in that don't need to be in rather than leave one out that does belong in. That happened this year because there is a good chance that FSU, UGA, Oregon, and tOSU could have beaten some of the teams that got in.

- No other sports in the world have 132 teams, and none of them rely on polls, a computer formula, or a fucking committee to decide who the best teams are. CFB is great even though it took over a hundred years to figure out a great way to crown their champion.

What I'd give to see a #5 or lower ranked team win the NC next year to shut up all the honks who don't like an expanded playoff. The worst ones are the doofus fuckers who just LOVE the NIL and transfer portal but whine like a little girl that the expanded playoff has somehow taken away the traditional importance of the regular season games.
It would be great and it could happen with AQs. For example, this year UGA would have been 5th having lost to Bama in the SECCG. I think we would have had a hell of a chance to win the thing seeing how it went down.

All we need to know is that if it was the 4 best, UGA should have been in. If it was the 4 most deserving FSU should have been in. It is a system that was broken the minute they created it. Better than the BCS, but still broken because they had to kowtow to the bowls and a bunch of other idiots. In the future, no best or deserving team will get left out.

It would be great and it could happen with AQs. For example, this year UGA would have been 5th having lost to Bama in the SECCG. I think we would have had a hell of a chance to win the thing seeing how it went down.

All we need to know is that if it was the 4 best, UGA should have been in. If it was the 4 most deserving FSU should have been in. It is a system that was broken the minute they created it. Better than the BCS, but still broken because they had to kowtow to the bowls and a bunch of other idiots. In the future, no best or deserving team will get left out.
Nothing more dumb than people who still try to use the BuT EvErY gaMe MaTteRs argument (looking at you Jexan).

No games ended up mattering for Florida State this year, as far as the playoff picture was concerned. One game didn’t end up mattering for Alabama, at least not as much as it did for Georgia. If UW lost to Oregon in the CCG, only one of their games against Oregon would have ended up mattering.

That argument would only make sense if the way to determine the top 4 was completely objective that didn’t rely on a handful of dudes who cycle through a list of contradictory and vague criteria from year to year.

But there’s not a way to do that, so have a real playoff is the best answer.