THE FINAL REAL CFB NATTY

Nothing more dumb than people who still try to use the BuT EvErY gaMe MaTteRs argument (looking at you Jexan).

No games ended up mattering for Florida State this year, as far as the playoff picture was concerned. One game didn’t end up mattering for Alabama, at least not as much as it did for Georgia. If UW lost to Oregon in the CCG, only one of their games against Oregon would have ended up mattering.

That argument would only make sense if the way to determine the top 4 was completely objective that didn’t rely on a handful of dudes who cycle through a list of contradictory and vague criteria from year to year.

But there’s not a way to do that, so have a real playoff is the best answer.
All those other things matter. But what will absolutely change is that the week to week gameplay will not have an air of this game matters when you know you can drop two and still get in.
You can give an argument that “in a way, looking backwards” that ‘every game doesn’t matter.’
But IN THE ACTUAL DAY OF THE GAME, the “every game matters” mentality is there now and has been; it WILL NOT BE going forward.

All those other things matter. But what will absolutely change is that the week to week gameplay will not have an air of this game matters when you know you can drop two and still get in.
You can give an argument that “in a way, looking backwards” that ‘every game doesn’t matter.’
But IN THE ACTUAL DAY OF THE GAME, the “every game matters” mentality is there now and has been; it WILL NOT BE going forward.

There are gonna be times when you can drop three and still get in.

When I see teams tank in Week 15 like NFL teams do in Week 18, I will agree with you.

When I see teams tank in Week 15 like NFL teams do in Week 18, I will agree with you.
that is not the salient analogy and you know it.
You know the mentality of every week in cfb.
And you know it in the nfl (where you can drop 7 games and still host a playoff game).
THE EVERY WEEK DAY OF GAME mindset is different because “every game matters” in cfb. It won’t be anymore. It’ll be more akin to the week to week mindset of the nfl.

that is not the salient analogy and you know it.
You know the mentality of every week in cfb.
And you know it in the nfl (where you can drop 7 games and still host a playoff game).
THE EVERY WEEK DAY OF GAME mindset is different because “every game matters” in cfb. It won’t be anymore. It’ll be more akin to the week to week mindset of the nfl.
If you play football, every fuckin play matters. If you don't play that way, you won't be playing for long.

If you play football, every fuckin play matters. If you don't play that way, you won't be playing for long.
That's not at issue here. And also, you’re wrong about that. But again, that’s not the issue.

In cfb of yesterday, every week was a game you HAD TO WIN lest you may lose your shit at a natty.
Going forward, you KNOW that’s not he case.
I’m sorry you’re having severe problems wrapping your head around that simplest of concepts.

That's not at issue here. And also, you’re wrong about that. But again, that’s not the issue.

In cfb of yesterday, every week was a game you HAD TO WIN lest you may lose your shit at a natty.
Going forward, you KNOW that’s not he case.
I’m sorry you’re having severe problems wrapping your head around that simplest of concepts.
Any decent coach or player knows that the most important game is the next one. Only fans will ever say after a loss that it didn't matter.