The Ford Maverick is coming back! As a Truck...kinda!

What’s with Ford re-using names for completely different vehicles? Why not call it a Courier or a Ranchero if they have to re-use a name.
I would much prefer the Ranchero, but it was a bad ass compared to either the Maverick or this new monstrosity.

I would much prefer the Ranchero, but it was a bad ass compared to either the Maverick or this new monstrosity.

My grandpa drove a 1962 Falcon Ranchero. Bought it new and drove it until he could no longer drive. My uncle has it now. Had it completely restored to original.

Should have named it the "Comet"
Would have made as much sense.

Isn’t Ford discontinuing most of their cars? So their move is to rebrand already discontinued cars as ugly half trucks?

Or is it worse to reboot a vehicle but completely neuter it like chevy did with the blazer?
What they did to the Blazer was sacrilege. It’s the automotive crime of the century.

4sjd97.jpg

The Challengers at least look right though

One time they looked like this...

1609790548685.png

1609790574007.png

From 1978 through 1983, the above was the Dodge Challenger....most folks don't remember them though....

The "new" Dodge Challenger, the third gen of that nameplate, came out in 2008. That was 13 years ago and they look the same....haven't changed in 13 years! Just keep making the same fucking car, year after year!

View attachment 15917

View attachment 15919

From 1978 through 1983, the above was the Dodge Challenger....most folks don't remember them though....

The "new" Dodge Challenger, the third gen of that nameplate, came out in 2008. That was 13 years ago and they look the same....haven't changed in 13 years! Just keep making the same fucking car, year after year!
I have no use for a car, but it’s one of the better looking cars out there IMO.

View attachment 15917

View attachment 15919

they neutered a lot of muscle cars waaaaaaay back in the late 70s.

View attachment 15917

View attachment 15919

Looks a lot like the fox body stangs