The Ford Maverick is coming back! As a Truck...kinda!

I liked the Maverick/Comet/Grabber much better than the same year mustang.
That was a piece of shit in all departments.

View attachment 32217

They were selling those when I bought my 1974 Capri V6 new in early 1975.

2.3 L 4 banger, 2.8 L V6, 5.0 L V8.

I test drove a black 1975 Mach 1 with a 5 L V8 and a slusho. 140, 160 hp? Gutless as fuck and drove like a slug compared to the Capri.

Wish one of the truck companies would get their shit together and actually put out a mini-truck again, the size of the original Ranger. Maverick ain't it. The "new" ranger is what an F150 used to be 20 years ago. Maverick looks to be slightly smaller than that. Where are the ricer mini trucks? Maybe Toyota will put out a 4x4 version of one, like the old Tacomas that had tiny engines but weighed nothing and were a beast on the trails.
I remember the small 4 cylinder 5 speed Toyota pickups back in the day. We used to pile people in the truck beds and go all over the place.

It was a great first vehicle for a teenager. Reliable transportation and you could haul your lawn mower around and earn some cash.

For the price, mileage, towing, storage, this looks like the perfect truck for what most people actually need a truck for. So my guess is 90% of people will ignore it, keep buying the ridiculous oversized land yachts, and Ford will discontinue the Maverick within 5 years

Dealers will order it all optioned up and there will be about zero reason to buy it.
That's what happened to the Ranger years ago. Dealers didn't want to sell it as a base model or entry level model because there was little profit in it, and completely fucked up the premise of what the Ranger really was.

It will happen again unless Ford tells it's dealers to fuck off and order it the right way. Of course they won't do that.

Anyone tried to buy a regular cab truck lately.
Can't do it.

Dealers will order it all optioned up and there will be about zero reason to buy it.
That's what happened to the Ranger years ago. Dealers didn't want to sell it as a base model or entry level model because there was little profit in it, and completely fucked up the premise of what the Ranger really was.

It will happen again unless Ford tells it's dealers to fuck off and order it the right way. Of course they won't do that.

Anyone tried to buy a regular cab truck lately.
Can't do it.

When I bought my Frontier, I wanted the most basic model possible. Would have preferred stick with wind up windows. I got the most basic 6' bed Frontier they had... still fucking automatic with power windows.

For me, trucks are meant to be used for work. Dents or whatever are badges of honor for a truck.

This isn’t a bad option for someone who doesn’t really need a truck for heavy hauling or towing. My dilemma is there are about four or five days a year where I could really use a truck (taking shit to the dump or picking up a large item that won’t fit in the back of a Jeep Wrangler.). There are far more days when I would prefer the extra interior space. If I lived somewhere that doesn’t get hail, I’d consider it as an extra vehicle, but I already have as many cars that will fit in my garage and don’t want another.

This isn’t a bad option for someone who doesn’t really need a truck for heavy hauling or towing. My dilemma is there are about four or five days a year where I could really use a truck (taking shit to the dump or picking up a large item that won’t fit in the back of a Jeep Wrangler.). There are far more days when I would prefer the extra interior space. If I lived somewhere that doesn’t get hail, I’d consider it as an extra vehicle, but I already have as many cars that will fit in my garage and don’t want another.

I use my brother's truck. A perfect system.

I use my brother's truck. A perfect system.

It was my truck that my FIL used to borrow until he got his own. Now I'm considering trading in my truck for something sporty and just using his truck the few times of year I need to haul stuff.

It was my truck that my FIL used to borrow until he got his own. Now I'm considering trading in my truck for something sporty and just using his truck the few times of year I need to haul stuff.

It's a perfect plan.

My brother even has another money pit which he bought the truck for so he could tow it.

A boat.

2022 Ford Maverick Is a Pickup Priced Like a Compact Car​

Starting at $21,490, the Maverick is now the cheapest Ford you can buy. It will offer XL, XLT, and Lariat trim levels, with a loaded model approaching $37,000.

Ford's new small truck is also available with a nonhybrid turbo four-cylinder and all-wheel drive, and it'll go on sale this fall starting at $21,490.

1623525597046.png1623525629986.png
1623525725030.png1623525778992.png

That front grill is hideous.
It looks like it's half Chevy colorado and half F150.

Should have taken the styling ques from the Bronco.

It's a fucking truck.

I want one.

I want to see one up close and in person before I decide if I like it or not. This truck is supposed to be smaller than the Ranger and the Ranger is pretty damn small. Just how small is this truck?

they're likely doing this because truck demand is so high, so much like how the crossover suv is becoming the new sedan, they'll do the same with cars and trucks.

So you can get the gas mileage, and all you'd get with a sedan, just now you have the capabilities you'd have with a truck bed.