The perfect hard-boiled egg

Never boiled an egg in there. Works wonders on a whole chicken though.
you boiled a chicken?

jZtDCn.gif

I think I leave them in the once boiling water for 8 minutes. My issue is always peeling them. Sometimes they peel easy, sometimes they don't. I've tried everything from an immediate ice bath to some stupid little "egg peeler" shaking tool I got one Xmas, to using vinegar in the water, to the youtube trick of poking one end and blowing the egg out. None of em work. Just luck of the draw if they peel or not, but I have found Egglands best usually peel better.
Yea, thats been my experience too. Sometimes they’re easy and other times they are a pain in the ass.

it does one thing.

there are better ways
I guess I just have an Alton Brown mindset in the kitchen.

I hate gadgets that are for one thing and one thing only.

Yea, thats been my experience too. Sometimes they’re easy and other times they are a pain in the ass.
I always do a ton of deviled eggs every THX and Xmas for family get togethers. So twice a year I peel a lot of hard boiled eggs, usually two dozen for each holiday. Then I'm done for a year because it pisses me off so much.

So many sex toy jokes there, but I'll just leave em alone.

Get the water to hot, but not boiling. Add salt. Cook the eggs in hot water (not boiling) for 15 minutes. Take out, and put into ice water, let them sit in ice water about 5 min. Done.

You're welcome

15 minutes and consistent every time. i generally have a salad every day with an egg in it. it works for me. i have plenty of cupboard space. but i guess you're right. might as well throw out my rice cooker while i'm at it.

15 minutes and consistent every time. i generally have a salad every day with an egg in it. it works for me. i have plenty of cupboard space. but i guess you're right. might as well throw out my rice cooker while i'm at it.
rice in the microwave is my new go to...I don't fuck it up ever.

rice in the microwave is my new go to...I don't fuck it up ever.
normal rice I agree. i like to make sushi a couple of times a year and use a rice cooker for that.

normal rice I agree. i like to make sushi a couple of times a year and use a rice cooker for that.
never tried making sushi or sticky rice like that, but that seems logical

never tried making sushi or sticky rice like that, but that seems logical
It's just something you have to get perfect or it all falls apart. Honestly most of what we do lately has been the boil in a bag or the microwave in a bag stuff. lazy en sech.

Kinda looks like a pig giving birth.
Watched a guy on youtube try to eat a couple of those. Couldn't do it and I think he had to superglue hsi hand to his face. Or maybe that was the canned cheeseburgers?

Get the water to hot, but not boiling. Add salt. Cook the eggs in hot water (not boiling) for 15 minutes. Take out, and put into ice water, let them sit in ice water about 5 min. Done.

You're welcome

Wait, you put the eggs in when the water is already hot?