The perfect hard-boiled egg

rice in the microwave is my new go to...I don't fuck it up ever.
microwave? don't you have a stove that can heat things up? why would you need a microwave?

I think I leave them in the once boiling water for 8 minutes. My issue is always peeling them. Sometimes they peel easy, sometimes they don't. I've tried everything from an immediate ice bath to some stupid little "egg peeler" shaking tool I got one Xmas, to using vinegar in the water, to the youtube trick of poking one end and blowing the egg out. None of em work. Just luck of the draw if they peel or not, but I have found Egglands best usually peel better.
I read the closer to expiration date, the better they'll peel.

microwave? don't you have a stove that can heat things up? why would you need a microwave?
because cooking it in the microwave is a lot less likely to fuck up

Interesting...same ratio of water to rice? How long do you cook it for?
2 cups water to 1 cup rice ratio, cook for 12 minutes on high

I read the closer to expiration date, the better they'll peel.
Yeah I heard that too. I usually buy two weeks in advance for that reason. Last year forgot and damn near threw multiple eggs across the kitchen. May have Gronk spiked one down into the disposal.

2 cups water to 1 cup rice ratio, cook for 12 minutes on high
I will also throw some salt or a bay leaf in when cooking white rice

You making egg salad or potato salad...only two reasons hard boil eggs.

because cooking it in the microwave is a lot less likely to fuck up
i was doing your douche point of not needing something if you can do it with another item.

i was doing your douche point of not needing something if you can do it with another item.
not needing a one trick pony, which a microwave is not.

can also do potatoes (see Monday's morning thread)

It’s seems simple enough, but I have heard a hundred different ways to get the best results. I’m curious to know how the Hoop does it.

mine:

put eggs in pot, cover with cold water, add salt and vinegar, and bring to a boil. Then kill the heat as soon as it comes to a good boil. Let them sit for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from pot and run cold water over them until cool. Peel and enjoy.
Pretty much this, except the wife throws them in ice water when done, supposed to help them peel i guess?

How do they not crack open in the water?
um...i'm not sure...again, the water's not actually boiling, it's just to that point before boiling happens. i dunno, i almost never have an egg crack on me while cooking. and i boil eggs almost every other week.