TV Series The Wheel of Time

That is right. Rand could get a tingly feeling when saidar was being used. I suspect you are spot on with the rest.

The show is getting panned pretty badly by the WOT enthusiasts, I read an article saying it may not make it past season 2 due to the terrible hatchet job writing.
I want Al Pacino to come dress these s**tty writers down. I could write a better script than these people.

You are hired to help us…. Not to f**k us up!

i only caught the start of this when I went to my parents house last week. I get it's a long running book series. I haven't seen the episode that dropped today. from what I saw up until now, it seemed like a CW version of the witcher. that's not to say that's what the book series is, but that's how this has looked to me so far.

If I thought the show had deviated before episode 5, I was totally unprepared for what happened in this last one. Alas I just accept and nervously keep watching the episodes. It still grates, though to see some subplots left out for convenience and expediency, while at the same time the writers use that saved time to fabricate alternate subplots that never happened. I don't get it. I am OK with condensing since it IS 14 books but to then waste time following a newly contrived thread makes no sense.

I knew it was trouble when after the opening scene, the words "One Month Later" flashed on the screen.

Forget Camelyn, all actors are on the way or have already made it to Tar Valon. For those unfamiliar with the story, Tar Valon is never visited in book 1, it is Camelyn where everyone meets up and where Rand and Mat meet Loial. Though the writers have altered their story a bit, Perrin and Egwene's thread is closest to accurate. Rand does actually see Logain in a city.

None of the Nynaeve, Lan, and Moraine stuff ever happen and Warders aren't bisexual, or at least it is never hinted to in the books. There is considerable amount of the episode devoted to this trio and the writers have decided to fabricate a different storyline, because for whatever reason the original storyline apparently isn't good enough I guess.

The writers have made Liandrin a major character for unknown reasons. I can't speculate, because I have no idea where the writers are going and as of now I can only say that the TV Series is only loosely named in the books.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::bored::bored::bored::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::headscratch::headscratch::headscratch::gaah::headscratch:

Last edited:
The writers have made Liandrin a major character for unknown reasons. I can't speculate, because I have no idea where the writers are going
My guess on Liandrin:

She's going to turn out to be Black Aja

Started tonight. 2 episodes in. I guess I'll stick with it but very unimpressed so far.

What is the dragon exactly?

It's obviously the red hair kid. Does he transform into an actual dragon? Does he have special powers? Is he able to do things that these women can't or is he just more powerful than any of them?

Did the one kid he is paired with once the group splits now possessed or something since he became a prick after picking up that knife with the red ruby in it?

The writers have made Liandrin a major character for unknown reasons. I can't speculate, because I have no idea where the writers are going and as of now I can only say that the TV Series is only loosely named in the books.

My guess on Liandrin:

She's going to turn out to be Black Aja

I mean, that is what Liandrin is in the books, so not exactly a huge surprise if they decide to go that way.

Also, they might be trying to simplify things for the TV adaptation by combining Elaida and Liandrin into the same character, since they're both Red, and we've seen nothing of Elaida so far.

Answers in spoiler tags for non-book readers who don't want to know...

It's obviously the red hair kid. Does he transform into an actual dragon? Does he have special powers? Is he able to do things that these women can't or is he just more powerful than any of them?

Yeah, that's correct, Rand is the Dragon Reborn. He doesn't transform into a dragon creature, but he is the champion of Light and the Creator against the Dark One, is the strongest Light-side male channeler ever, and is prophesized to break and save the world.

Did the one kid he is paired with once the group splits now possessed or something since he became a prick after picking up that knife with the red ruby in it?

Yep, Mat is being corrupted by the cursed dagger.

Also, they might be trying to simplify things for the TV adaptation by combining Elaida and Liandrin into the same character, since they're both Red, and we've seen nothing of Elaida so far.
God help them if they don't have Verin Mathwin in the series. I'm guessing that she and a lot of other Sisters will make later appearances, maybe Elaida will too

I mean, that is what Liandrin is in the books, so not exactly a huge surprise if they decide to go that way.

Yeah I thought if the, combining the two women as well, but that would cause problems down the road because both women do different things later on that is significant, even though both figure as minor players in the storyline. which is why I am uncertain about where they are going With the story.

It is the magnitude of deviation that has me uncertain now. I assume the finale of book one will happen but what all additional bullshittery the writers decide to interject like they have been between episode 5 now and then is anyone’s guess.

Last edited:
A channeler who is born into every age. He destroyed the world (after going mad and killing his family) in the previous age when he was named Lews Therin.

He's been reborn, and the show says he's one of the 5 people from the Two Rivers.
Does he transform into an actual dragon?
No. It's just a name
Does he have special powers?
He's always the most powerful channeler in the world.
The knife from Shadar Logoth was cursed, so Matrim was cursed for taking it

Edit: I didn't see @BusSport already answered.

Hollywood's SJW'ifying Formula:

1. Take great existing writing...

2. Make straight characters into dykes (see episode 6) and add butt sex (see episode 5).

3. Add tons of soy to the men (see episode 5 making the most badass character ever, Lan, into a screaming bitch).

4. Once-great story becomes a lecture.

Pretty much all you need to know. If you loved the books and want to watch the story, you just have to "nervously watch" as @rfjeff9 said and try to ignore every time they stop telling Jordan's story and insert a dyke-sermon from a purple-haired women's-studies professor.

This could've been one of the greatest TV shows ever, and these horribly s**tty writers ruined any chance of that.

Last edited:
Okay, episode 6 was very confusing. They are so far off the books that the story on the screen isn't making any sense to me. What compelling reason does any of the five youths have to continue following Moiraine? I thought they did a poor job explaining why they should go into the Ways. Also there is no explanation for why Loial is asked to go with them.

... Of leaving Mat behind at the Way Gate?

That Nyneave and Egwene supposedly know how to use their power without being trained at all is laughable. Why do all these other women have to endure years of being novices if you can just channel without any instruction?

Also didn't care for the way they portrayed Moiraine's and Siuan's relationship. I guess every Aes Sedai except Alanna is gay - and thank the Light for that, she's my favorite

Okay, episode 6 was very confusing. They are so far off the books that the story on the screen isn't making any sense to me. What compelling reason does any of the five youths have to continue following Moiraine? I thought they did a poor job explaining why they should go into the Ways. Also there is no explanation for why Loial is asked to go with them.

That Nyneave and Egwene supposedly know how to use their power without being trained at all is laughable. Why do all these other women have to endure years of being novices if you can just channel without any instruction?

Also didn't care for the way they portrayed Moiraine's and Siuan's relationship. I guess every Aes Sedai except Alanna is gay - and thank the Light for that, she's my favorite
I may be done with watching it. For all of the reasons you mention, but especially “They are so far off the books that the story on the screen isn't making any sense to me.“

This is probably the worst writing I have ever seen for book to theatre, and that includes Battlefield Earth. Heck, even Shannarah series on MTV was a hit compared to this. M fucking TV!!!

There was no homosexuality in the books I can recall. Not even hinted at, really. So why put it in the show? Oh, that’s right, I forgot I live in wokeism days. Pfft. Theres no real romance at all in the first few books, so I don’t want to see any such on screen.

The writers have ruined the series already. Totally avoidable, and unnecessary.

Watched about twenty minutes of of the first episode.

Target demographic seems to be lesbian nerds.

... Of leaving Mat behind at the Way Gate?
I'm guessing that was the last episode Barney Harris stars in, and they couldn't even have him in the next ones, so they adjusted the story.
They'll probably pass it off as him going through stuff having to do with (no spoilers) what happened in that episode.

BTW, the trailer for episode 7 is out:

If I thought the show had deviated before episode 5, I was totally unprepared for what happened in this last one. Alas I just accept and nervously keep watching the episodes. It still grates, though to see some subplots left out for convenience and expediency, while at the same time the writers use that saved time to fabricate alternate subplots that never happened. I don't get it. I am OK with condensing since it IS 14 books but to then waste time following a newly contrived thread makes no sense.

I knew it was trouble when after the opening scene, the words "One Month Later" flashed on the screen.

Forget Camelyn, all actors are on the way or have already made it to Tar Valon. For those unfamiliar with the story, Tar Valon is never visited in book 1, it is Camelyn where everyone meets up and where Rand and Mat meet Loial. Though the writers have altered their story a bit, Perrin and Egwene's thread is closest to accurate. Rand does actually see Logain in a city.

None of the Nynaeve, Lan, and Moraine stuff ever happen and Warders aren't bisexual, or at least it is never hinted to in the books. There is considerable amount of the episode devoted to this trio and the writers have decided to fabricate a different storyline, because for whatever reason the original storyline apparently isn't good enough I guess.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::bored::bored::bored::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::headscratch::headscratch::headscratch::gaah::headscratch:
The TL;DR version of what he just said…

It sucks and there’s a reason these writers are a bunch of nobodies.