TV Series The Wheel of Time

Episode 7:

The story itself is so cool, it's worth watching, but man these writers are s**tty. They spend so much time on melodrama bull s**t & love interests & neglect really cool things about the story itself.

But like I said: it's worth watching because the world Robert Jordan created is so cool, despite the ineptitude of the writers.

Episode 7:

The story itself is so cool, it's worth watching, but man these writers are s**tty. They spend so much time on melodrama bull s**t & love interests & neglect really cool things about the story itself.

But like I said: it's worth watching because the world Robert Jordan created is so cool, despite the ineptitude of the writers.
Watched it Saturday. At this point I'm not upset at all the departures they make from the books, just trying to take the episodes for what they are. #7 was less cringey than 4-5-6, at least. And I liked the way they revealed which of the youths is the Dragon.

The opening sequence was awesome, and I liked the way they came back to it later to assist with the reveal.

All the drama between Rand, Perrin, Egwene, and Nynaeve...felt like they crammed the entire first book's worth of tension into a four minute scene.

The scene between Rand and Min was a bit confusing for several reasons: 1) Rand asks "will I make it back?" and she just walks off? If the Dragon doesn't make it back from the Eye, there won't be a second season now, will there? 2) what about the "3 beautiful ladies" comment? If he dies, there won't be any beautiful women in his future. Poor writing. 3) why couldn't Min tell Moiraine what she knew about Rand/Rand's dad? When Moiraine asked, Min said she couldn't identify who was the Dragon, but when Rand came to her alone, she had no trouble ID'ing him.

Also it was cool that once he knew, he went to Moiraine alone, to protect the other three, finally showing some depth of character. Again, even though this is way off from the books, I thought they did that part well.

Hopefully they set up a nice finale. Guessing there will be a cliffhanger.

Watched it Saturday. At this point I'm not upset at all the departures they make from the books, just trying to take the episodes for what they are. #7 was less cringey than 4-5-6, at least. And I liked the way they revealed which of the youths is the Dragon.

The opening sequence was awesome, and I liked the way they came back to it later to assist with the reveal.

All the drama between Rand, Perrin, Egwene, and Nynaeve...felt like they crammed the entire first book's worth of tension into a four minute scene.

The scene between Rand and Min was a bit confusing for several reasons: 1) Rand asks "will I make it back?" and she just walks off? If the Dragon doesn't make it back from the Eye, there won't be a second season now, will there? 2) what about the "3 beautiful ladies" comment? If he dies, there won't be any beautiful women in his future. Poor writing. 3) why couldn't Min tell Moiraine what she knew about Rand/Rand's dad? When Moiraine asked, Min said she couldn't identify who was the Dragon, but when Rand came to her alone, she had no trouble ID'ing him.

Also it was cool that once he knew, he went to Moiraine alone, to protect the other three, finally showing some depth of character. Again, even though this is way off from the books, I thought they did that part well.

Hopefully they set up a nice finale. Guessing there will be a cliffhanger.
Good points. S**tty writing at every turn.

They also changed the story to make Moraine the main character, which is the dumbest thing ever. They even made that character to whom you referred an old friend of Moraine’s, when she (if memory serves) never even talked to Moraine in that scene in the books.

Again, great story, even with the s**tty writers screwing it up.

What a diverse cast. You have a black guy, black girl, Indian girl, asian guy, white guy, white girl and a ginger.

They could make up a new Power Rangers.

Watched several episodes last night.

It is definitely a "today cast".

They didn't miss a race.

Well, the s**tty writing continues. They turned an epic story (the actual definition of the word epic) into a f**king Star-Wars melodrama. :rolleyes2: That didn't even remotely resemble what happened in the book.

It takes real anti-talent to turn a great story into a laughingstock. This show has gotten rid of every single thing that made the books great and replaced it with derivative bull s**t & political propaganda. :poop:

That didn't even remotely resemble what happened in the book.
Holy cow, you ain't kidding... Just watched the finale. Blech... AWFUL. WTF did I just watch?

I never got to another episode and it looks like watching more would just piss me off further.

Episode 7:

You like to sniff your own farts.

The show is great. For fantasy dramas the show is better so far than Witcher season 2 but not as good as Witcher season 1. No fault there. But it did more in season 1 than we saw in GOT. That is lofty and just my opinion but the show stuck the landing early and will be really judged 5-6 seasons from now. At worst it's an impressive start.

Go back to sniffing your farts in the political forum. I'm sure your followers think they don't smell like shit.

never read the books. watched the season and didn't really care for it. aside from the story, the production of it just looks cheap to me. came across as a CW teen fantasy to me. no bueno.

You like to sniff your own farts.

The show is great. For fantasy dramas the show is better so far than Witcher season 2 but not as good as Witcher season 1. No fault there. But it did more in season 1 than we saw in GOT. That is lofty and just my opinion but the show stuck the landing early and will be really judged 5-6 seasons from now. At worst it's an impressive start.

Go back to sniffing your farts in the political forum. I'm sure your followers think they don't smell like shit.
Another dip-s**t Democrat brings politics into something that used to be fun. :

1. Go f**k yourself.

2. There’s no way you read the books if you think this show is good.

3. I’ll bet your favorite part of this show is how they made manly characters into beta pussies, based on your clearly Dem’tarded view of thing.

4. :finger2:

The show grew on me. I like the world that was created, which allows me to look past some flaws.

But I’m still stuck on the diverse cast. I hope they find a way to explain it.

never read the books. watched the season and didn't really care for it. aside from the story, the production of it just looks cheap to me. came across as a CW teen fantasy to me. no bueno.
That was the Shannara Chronicles on MTV.
This is a better produced version of that.

A bit slow at times with too much exposition trying to immerse you into the dense world that RJ built.

The show grew on me. I like the world that was created, which allows me to look past some flaws.

But I’m still stuck on the diverse cast. I hope they find a way to explain it.

Diverse.

But no blending anywhere.

They must not breed.

Exactly. TR is an incredibly racist society that has absolutely no cross breeding whatsoever ever.
And yet they all live together and never mention differences other than their magic color.

woke as fuck

And yet they all live together and never mention differences other than their magic color.

woke as fuck
Silent racism is the most evil racism of all.

How far through the books did they get with this season?