TV Series The Wheel of Time

That was the Shannara Chronicles on MTV.
This is a better produced version of that.

A bit slow at times with too much exposition trying to immerse you into the dense world that RJ built.
You think? I watched the shannara season 1 which was just Elfstones. It was lame production, but I do not recall them getting PC and Woke at all in it. And it stuck very close to the story. Damn close, iirc.

This shit on Amazon is a fucking joke In every possible way. I stopped watching and couldn’t continue after Lan got in touch with his inner woman episode.

Basically end of Book 1 (while making huge numbers of changes to the plot).
Give a few lines of summary after the Lan cries at the funeral episode. I can’t watch anymore, but wonder just how much more badly they can deviate from the actual story. Any more wokeness of note? Did they make Egwene the Dragon?

Give a few lines of summary after the Lan cries at the funeral episode. I can’t watch anymore, but wonder just how much more badly they can deviate from the actual story. Any more wokeness of note? Did they make Egwene the Dragon?
Rand is still the dragon, but once he realizes it he and Moiraine leave the others in Fal Dara and go into the Blight alone, even without Lan.

The horn of Valere was in Fal Dara, hidden under the throne. Padan Fain and a couple of Fades walk in and take it, apparently killing Loial in the process but leaving Perrin behind, even though Fain tells him he's Taveren.

A huge Trolloc army attacks Fal Dara, during which the king is killed and his sister uses the strength of Egwene, Nynaeve, and two other women who can channel, to defeat the trollocs. Because she's inexperienced, the sister burns herself and three of the women out, including Nynaeve, but Egwene brings her back to life.

Rand goes into the Eye with Moiraine, where he has some kind of dream sequence fight with Ishamael. Ishamael cuts Moiraine off from the Source, but Rand "defeats" him. Afterwards, he just walks away from Moiraine, says he's going to live on his own, or some thing. Lan arrives to find Moiraine, who says "this wasn't the last battle, but the first."

At the very end of the episode, The Seanchan arrive off of some coast.

i might have missed some smaller details that they changed, but these were all huge to me.

i might have missed some smaller details that they changed, but these were all huge to me.
WHAT THE EVER LOVING ACTUAL HELL??????!!!!!!

Thanks for the breakdown. Nope won't watch this bullshittery.

WHAT THE EVER LOVING ACTUAL HELL??????!!!!!!

Thanks for the breakdown. Nope won't watch this bullshittery.
But you'll miss the gay love between Moiraine and Siuan Sanche

NYCC 2022 season 1 recap and season 2 sneak peek:

I tried watching this and the first episode is in some sort of klingon speak, unwatchable. How long before they speak english?
1665232884274.png

Season 2 poster, also giving the premiere date as Friday, September 1, 2023:

8qztu4b74jbb1.jpg

Season 2 trailer:

1. They're not trying to make the story shorter; they outright think they can write a better story than Robert Jordan did (which they can't). They're changing things about the story because they don't like the source material, which is a giant fuck-you to the late Robert Jordan & his wife-editor.

2. They're trying REALLY hard to make the manliest, most badass character in the whole book (Lan) into a crying little bitch.

3. I'm pretty sure these people read maybe 10% of the books or read some Cliff's-Notes version.
Moraine has been stilled for some reason??? :wtf2:

5. Did they read one line about Verin? She's supposed to be this distracted, book-worm space-case, detached from from what's going on, not some wise, old, caring aunt they make every other character into. :poop:

6: Moraine kills a fade with a knife to the face (which is so stupid it's like a toddler beating up Arnold Schwarzeneger), but the fade instantly DIES from that stabbing? :what: Myrddraal keep fighting for like 20 minutes after being decapitated. They didn't read the books.

7. Their depiction of Egwene just keeps getting worse.

The latest thing these weirdos have tried their damnedest to ruin. :thumb:

hippopotamus-hippo.gif

Positives: Their depiction of Naeneve isn't horrendous, but she turns out to be the main character of the whole series, which is dumb.

Last edited:
Never read the books, but it's getting better. Not that it was hard to accomplish.

Episode 2:

More and more evidence these amazingly s**tty writers didn't read the books.

Verin says the other characters are afraid of a person who will "break the world again." The writers don't even know who broke the world the first time in this series. They clearly skimmed a few parts that message boards said were important & didn't read the books or even consult with someone who did. :what:

I don't watch TV shows, but these were my favorite books I've ever read, so I couldn't just not see how they treated it. Robert Jordan is a genius. What an insult to his work. :facepalm:

5. Did they read one line about Verin? She's supposed to be this distracted, book-worm space-case, detached from from what's going on, not some wise, old, caring aunt they make every other character into. :poop:
Verin is one of my favorite characters from the books. I was glad she showed up in season 2 (yeah, I'm watching it) but not at all what I expected. As you say, she's being portrayed as this slick super-genius, and that's not how she came across at all in the books, because she had to hide lots of things about herself.

Halllujah, they finally circled back to Perrin's actual origin story, which they had veered from in season one. More Elyas, he's awesome.

Moiraine is awful. Can't stand how they're portraying her.

I finished ep 5 and I'm invested now. They're way ahead on the Seanchan story arc but it makes sense for the tv show

Verin is one of my favorite characters from the books. I was glad she showed up in season 2 (yeah, I'm watching it) but not at all what I expected. As you say, she's being portrayed as this slick super-genius, and that's not how she came across at all in the books, because she had to hide lots of things about herself.

Halllujah, they finally circled back to Perrin's actual origin story, which they had veered from in season one. More Elyas, he's awesome.

Moiraine is awful. Can't stand how they're portraying her.

I finished ep 5 and I'm invested now. They're way ahead on the Seanchan story arc but it makes sense for the tv show
So Verin and Cadsuane combined into one person maybe?

So Verin and Cadsuane combined into one person maybe?
Not sure; they've mentioned Cadsuane several times but she hasn't appeared yet.

I just finished season two. It was a mess but they somehow resolved several books at the same time. Everything is all out of order, but I guess that's because they don't plan on 13 more seasons

Also, the actress playing Lanfear? Perfect.

I was a big fan of the book series, and I watched season 1 (ok at its best), but I haven't given any time to season 2 yet. I am hearing that it's better than season 1 (shouldn't be hard).