Things We're Cooking

Not exactly.. hoppin johns are black eyed peas.. those are northern beans in white rice with diced ham and onion
Twas just a joke. I love Hoppin John so I meant it in complementary fashion. If that great looking pone of cornbread had not been in a cast iron skillet, I would have called you a Yankee heathen and blessed your heart.

NY steak for dinner tonight if the Chiefs win (they should)......it's marinating currently.

had that home cooked papa murphys pizza and then followed by that home cooked papa murphys cheese bread, then them home cooked papa murphys cookies :D

I've never understood why people sprinkle sauce over the empty parts of a plate.

Hoity-toity AF.

Just fill the fucking plate.
Cuz you eat with your eyes, or some shit like that.

Personally it doesnt miss the spag unless in error

Sounds like something a terrible cook would say. :heh:
Im pretty good. I cooked my way thru college, and my old man gets pussy because of his kitchen skills. Ive picked up a lot of his shit over the years.

Im pretty good. I cooked my way thru college, and my old man gets pussy because of his kitchen skills. Ive picked up a lot of his shit over the years.
tenor.gif

Twas just a joke. I love Hoppin John so I meant it in complementary fashion. If that great looking pone of cornbread had not been in a cast iron skillet, I would have called you a Yankee heathen and blessed your heart.
Who doesn't make cornbread in a cast iron skillet?.. the only exception is, if your making cornbread muffins.. then you use a muffin pan. I do make those when I make a lot of cornbread is easier individual portions and I can make like 3 pans at a time.. other wise its my small cast iron skillet

Who doesn't make cornbread in a cast iron skillet?.. the only exception is, if your making cornbread muffins.. then you use a muffin pan. I do make those when I make a lot of cornbread is easier individual portions and I can make like 3 pans at a time.. other wise its my small cast iron skillet
I have Yankees and heathens in my family ... I have seen cornbread made in aluminum cake pans. I had to eat two pounds of streaked meat just to recover emotionally. At a tent revival, we raised enough money to send some missionaries north but I am not sure we helped.

Question, though.

What did you cook that steak on?