Things We're Cooking

I think it's gonna be a chili cooking weekend for me. Gonna be rainy out, so perfect for it.

that sammie needs some provolone on it
you don't put cheese on an italian beef

But yesterday I did make one with mozzarella (I am out of provolone)

Buffalo chicken pizza with onions, colby jack, ghost pepper "rub" and ranch on homemade garlic pizza dough.

20201204_174630.jpg

My son is making a dill pickle pizza and my wife and daughter going with a basic sausage.

Gonna stuff them with cream cheese and jalapeño.....

deer heads.jpg

Cnn Wtf GIF

made a tray of lasagna last night. Used a mix of meatloaf mix and hot Italian sausage and the sausage might have been a bit too spicy, but it came out good.

1608034430752.png

Each year at Christmas we pick a different country and prepare food from there. This year it was Scotland so we did Scottish steak Belmoral with a Scotch whiskey sauce, Scottish bannocks (bread), and rumbledethumps (mashed potatoes, turnips, and sliced cabbage).
The recipe called for a single malt, 15 year Laphroaig to make the sauce, but after seeing the price tag on that I opted for a $25 bottle of single malt. It worked out fine.

77A8A7D6-EFC0-4EE2-98E6-595EB3F3D04F.jpeg

Chicken, bacon, ranch sliders. Damn good!

Got some Buffalo chicken cheese dip as well for the super bowl at home.

20210207_163906.jpg

Put this little guy in the air fryer on rotisserie mode. Internal temp got to 168 but it wasn't dry at all when I cut into it.

chickywicky.jpg

Couldn't cook it last week, but did corned beef and cabbage today. No picture before it got destroyed enough for a good sandwich or two for leftovers.

A window of decent weather for the next 24 hours, so I'm going to put a pork shoulder on the smoker over night. Then have some chicken breasts and burgers I'll put on towards the end of the pork time tomorrow around lunch. Rubs just got put on and resting in the fridge until they're put on at 225.20210326_151504.jpg20210326_152651.jpg