This is the year

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
Folks, I've kept this announcement in for most of the season, not to distract from the story that is college football, but after yesterday's absolute beat down of ASU and Bo Nix putting up video game numbers in just one half, scratch that, in just the first quarter! and watching all of college football this season, this I think is THE year Oregon wins a national title. It just seems like it is destiny for the Ducks, Lanning and Bo Nix.

I watched Nix's segment on College Football Gameday yesterday morning and to me it just sets up a destiny story book ending for Nix and Oregon. Nix can't be stopped this year, even in the Ducks lone loss, he had a great game. Oregon has the best QB in college football on it's team, the best RB duo in college football and a WR in Franklin that has the best WR in Oregon football history. Add that Oregon has a great defense and a solid offensive line and the Ducks are the most complete team in college football.

Now, don't get me wrong, Georgia is good, Michigan is good, and Ohio State are good, but Oregon can beat any one of those teams. The Ducks are a clear cut top 4 in the country and I can't wait for the playoffs where the Ducks finally reach the mountain top. It's thrilling that it is finally happening!! THRILLING! But this is the year guys! This is the year! That first natty is coming to Eugene!

I want to say I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when the NCG game is and let's get there, but I know in moments and seasons like this, you want to enjoy each and every moment because the journey is part of the experience.

It's happening!

Two games to go before you can chirp away like this.
Oregon state got neutered last night by UW, their season is over, they are months away from being in conferenceless, they are done for. They also did not impress me one bit. DJ is way too inconsistent and Oregon will gash that defense up.

Rematch vs the pups is going to be a revenge game for Oregon and by that time there will be no one who can stop this Oregon train from accomplishing their destiny. We should've won in Seattle, we will win in Vegas. After all, it'll be Oregon with Bo and Co. who are avenging their lone loss while UW likely is just happy they beat Oregon once and got to the PAC-12 title game.

Take it one game at a time. Oregon State is next and this is going to be their Super Bowl.

Take it one game at a time. Oregon State is next and this is going to be their Super Bowl.
Would've worried me if they had beaten UW since then they'd be playing for a PAC title spot, but after them losing like they did and seeing the weaknesses of that team AND the game is at Autzen, I am no longer worried.

Would've worried me if they had beaten UW since then they'd be playing for a PAC title spot, but after them losing like they did and seeing the weaknesses of that team AND the game is at Autzen, I am no longer worried.

Well that's good for you. Everyone knows Oregon only loses when you are worried about the game

So they'll be playing loose, with nothing to lose?

So they'll be playing loose, with nothing to lose?
More like demoralized. But also from a talent standpoint the little brothers do not match us at all. At this point you can't bet against Nix. The guy is playing out of his mind and with a complete focus and determination for the grand prize.

I like Oregon and Nix looks like he will prob be a first round pick but I don’t think Lanning is a guy who can win the NC.

As opposed to Gene Chizik, Ed Orgeron, Jimbo Fisher, etc.?

As opposed to Gene Chizik, Ed Orgeron, Jimbo Fisher, etc.?

The narrative around Kirby Smart was that he can't win big games...until he did. Too many people think that if something hasn't happened, that means it can't happen. I'm not predicting Oregon to win the CFP but to say it's because of Lanning is kind of silly IMO.

The narrative around Kirby Smart was that he can't win big games...until he did. Too many people think that if something hasn't happened, that means it can't happen. I'm not predicting Oregon to win the CFP but to say it's because of Lanning is kind of silly IMO.

It was the strange decisions he made against Washington that have me doubting him.

But as a team, I like Oregon and can definitely see them in the playoffs if they win out. Not sure they’ll get by Washington again, but if they do they’re prob in.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

I just wonder if MI beats Ohio State in a close game of Ohio State doesn’t drop out of the top 4.

They might not next week, but they would after championship weekend (barring upsets)

I just wonder if MI beats Ohio State in a close game of Ohio State doesn’t drop out of the top 4.

They would if everything stays pat as it is. You would have an undefeated or 1 loss SEC champ, an undefeated or one loss PAC champ, an undefeated or one loss ACC champ, and Michigan. Not to mention possibly a one loss B12 champ.

For Ohio State to have a chance to get in with a loss they would need Texas to lose again and Louisville to lose to Kentucky then beat FSU.

Cam Newton, Joe Burrow, Jameis Winston.....Bo Nix

Right...so players can determine how far coaches with less championship experience go.

Nix is playing as well as any QB from the contenders this year.