This is the year

Right...so players can determine how far coaches with less championship experience go.

Nix is playing as well as any QB from the contenders this year.

My point is, Nix is not any of those three. Nix has still yet to prove he can win a game against a team that has equal or more talent than his.

At least at Oregon. He did have his win against Bama

I disagree that Oregon controls their own destiny. If UGA, Florida State and the OSU/Michigan winner win out, they’re in, and I just can’t see a one loss conference champion Texas being left out for a one loss conference champion Oregon

Ducks control their own destiny. Win out and they are in the playoffs.

What if...

Texas destroys TTU and wins CCG
1-loss Bama gives Georgia their first loss

I would think Oregon would be huge Iowa fans in CCG

Ducks control their own destiny. Win out and they are in the playoffs.
You are jinxing yourself. If FSU wins out and is undefeated. UM wins out and is undefeated. Texas wins out with 1 loss. Bama wins out with 1 loss.

It is possible they take Texas over Oregon. It is possible they take Georgia over Oregon, even without a CC.

A lot can happen still happen.

The only teams who control their destiny are the undefeated teams.

What if...

Texas destroys TTU and wins CCG
1-loss Bama gives Georgia their first loss

I would think Oregon would be huge Iowa fans in CCG
Yeah. The only teams who control their destiny right now are the undefeated teams and Bama, as there is zero chance the SEC champ wouldn't get in

lol. Oregon isn't even a lock for the conference championship game. Slow down you goofy fuck.

I was sure this was going to be a “coming out of the closet” thread

Folks, I've kept this announcement in for most of the season, not to distract from the story that is college football, but after yesterday's absolute beat down of ASU and Bo Nix putting up video game numbers in just one half, scratch that, in just the first quarter! and watching all of college football this season, this I think is THE year Oregon wins a national title

You kept it in all this time?

I was sure this was going to be a “coming out of the closet” thread
Wasn't that back in his LARP thread? Or was it channing tatum?

I forget which was his first.

Add to the storyline of this, Oregon wins the NCG, as last year of the PAC-12, so the last year the PAC is around a PAC team wins it. And Oregon was in the first ever 4-team CFP NCG and they'd be in the last 4-team CFP.

Wow what a journey

Life works in funny unique ways gentleman, you go to love it!

giphy.gif

Folks, I've kept this announcement in for most of the season, not to distract from the story that is college football, but after yesterday's absolute beat down of ASU and Bo Nix putting up video game numbers in just one half, scratch that, in just the first quarter! and watching all of college football this season, this I think is THE year Oregon wins a national title. It just seems like it is destiny for the Ducks, Lanning and Bo Nix.

I watched Nix's segment on College Football Gameday yesterday morning and to me it just sets up a destiny story book ending for Nix and Oregon. Nix can't be stopped this year, even in the Ducks lone loss, he had a great game. Oregon has the best QB in college football on it's team, the best RB duo in college football and a WR in Franklin that has the best WR in Oregon football history. Add that Oregon has a great defense and a solid offensive line and the Ducks are the most complete team in college football.

Now, don't get me wrong, Georgia is good, Michigan is good, and Ohio State are good, but Oregon can beat any one of those teams. The Ducks are a clear cut top 4 in the country and I can't wait for the playoffs where the Ducks finally reach the mountain top. It's thrilling that it is finally happening!! THRILLING! But this is the year guys! This is the year! That first natty is coming to Eugene!

I want to say I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when the NCG game is and let's get there, but I know in moments and seasons like this, you want to enjoy each and every moment because the journey is part of the experience.

It's happening!
Win two more games and you are worthy, but not guaranteed. I would put in a one loss Oregon in before a one loss Michigan (weak schedule hurts).