Today, August 2 In History

volleyballing tonight

I need to pick up another girl for my team...the pregnant girl is slowing down a bit and we gotta be ready for playoffs in a few weeks

volleyballing tonight

I need to pick up another girl for my team...the pregnant girl is slowing down a bit and we gotta be ready for playoffs in a few weeks
Pro tip: Don't sleep with your teammates during the season.

Pro tip: Don't sleep with your teammates during the season.
that lesson was learned a few seasons ago...

keeping girls on the team has been...a challenge.

this pregnant one is at least married to one of the other guys on the team

(no other volleyball girls were impregnated...it just got awkward and they bailed)

volleyballing tonight

Bad planning on their part. Should have waited a few months to put a baby in her.

Bad planning on their part. Should have waited a few months to put a baby in her.
agree

I will bring that up next time they decide to ruin our championship run

luckily, I do have 2 very solid girls on the team who aren't currently knocked up so I think we have a chance

Hot damn!

Thanks, douggie!

GzfCMz.gif

agree

I will bring that up next time they decide to ruin our championship run

luckily, I do have 2 very solid girls on the team who aren't currently knocked up so I think we have a chance
Arguably more egregious than Coal Hammels knocking up his wife in January of '09 and impacting their chance to repeat as WFC.

In 1934 Adolph Hitler becomes Dictator of Germany.
Not exactly but it was the first step for sure. He was constrained by parliament for awhile but it didn't take him and his thugs long at all to bust enough heads of the opposition til it all evaporated as everyone fled in horror. Simultaneous to this, other things were happening economically that made Hitler look like a savior. So political opposition from all sides disappeared very rapidly.

When it comes to the Third Reich, Hollywood couldn't make this shit up. Absolutely fascinating.

If anyone is interested I highly recommend Hitler by Volker Ullrich but the absolute ultimate is The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer. Without a doubt, no close second, the most fascinating page-turner I've ever read. When I got it, I thought "I'll never be able to read something like this" since it looks like an encyclopedia but I started reading and the next thing I knew I had been in an armchair reading til 4am.

Truth is way stranger than fiction.

2/10

pf plz

diaf
From the OP. You should demand admin move it.

Iraq Invades Kuwait in 1990.

From the OP. You should demand admin move it.

Iraq Invades Kuwait in 1990.
that's history

you are bringing up current figures as a means to whine about something.

so no, you can DIAF

Not exactly but it was the first step for sure. He was constrained by parliament for awhile but it didn't take him and his thugs long at all to bust enough heads of the opposition til it all evaporated as everyone fled in horror. Simultaneous to this, other things were happening economically that made Hitler look like a savior. So political opposition from all sides disappeared very rapidly.

When it comes to the Third Reich, Hollywood couldn't make this shit up. Absolutely fascinating.

If anyone is interested I highly recommend Hitler by Volker Ullrich but the absolute ultimate is The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer. Without a doubt, no close second, the most fascinating page-turner I've ever read. When I got it, I thought "I'll never be able to read something like this" since it looks like an encyclopedia but I started reading and the next thing I knew I had been in an armchair reading til 4am.

Truth is way stranger than fiction.
That is required reading in my opinion.

Last 10 days of the Dog Days of Summer. Football will be here soon thankfully. This has to be the most boring time of year.
Especially when the Red Sox are cratering and playing like the Bad News Bears :L