tOfficial 2022-2023 NHL Season Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,697.00
Opening night for the 2022-23 NHL season will be Oct. 11, Gary Bettman says. The full schedule will be released in July.

Draft night.

I'm so disconnected with the draft nowadays, it's sad.

Feel bad for Wright though, basically missing a season of development.

Draft night.

I'm so disconnected with the draft nowadays, it's sad.

Feel bad for Wright though, basically missing a season of development.
I feel more bad for Wright that he's probably gonna have to play for the Canadiens. Not only did he lose development, but is going to have to play in a high-pressure, low-talent environment. He's certainly not going to be set up to succeed.

I feel more bad for Wright that he's probably gonna have to play for the Canadiens. Not only did he lose development, but is going to have to play in a high-pressure, low-talent environment. He's certainly not going to be set up to succeed.
Cole Caufield is a saint

Debrincat to Ottawa
The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Wright falls to the Libs
I actually think that was a good landing place for him. Expectations & scrutiny aren't going to be as astronomical for him there as they would've been in Montreal. He wouldn't have fit well on NJ's roster and Arizona is a black hole.

I think he'll probably be wearing the "C" on his sweater within two or three years there, so I'm gonna start calling him Captain Krakhead as of this post.

I actually think that was a good landing place for him. Expectations & scrutiny aren't going to be as astronomical for him there as they would've been in Montreal. He wouldn't have fit well on NJ's roster and Arizona is a black hole.

I think he'll probably be wearing the "C" on his sweater within two or three years there, so I'm gonna start calling him Captain Krakhead as of this post.
They've also shown they have no fucking clue what they are doing in terms of expansion drafting or asset management. Fuck all knows they are probably shit at prospect development.

Keith retires and the Hawks are hit with a recapture penalty.

Other NHL fanbases are gonna wipe the smirks off their faces when the Blackhawks draft Connor Bedard next year.

Uh....so anyone need a RH defenseman?

Well we had a great draft then had to go ruin the good times with a god awful FA signing

He's 6 foot 5 though, you can't teach that :heh: :laugh:

I can't believe he's only 30, it feels like he's been pivoting and moving like an old man for at least 4 or 5 years now.

Nah. Beniers will be Captain Krakhead.

Sharks will do nothing as usual or overpay one of their own. Did unload Burns but still own 34% of his cap. Can they do the same for the totally soft and injury prone Karlsson? Whoever the Sharks drafted will probably be a long line of busts as usual. Rarely they hit a home run especially forwards.