tOfficial 2022-2023 NHL Season Thread

Just a beautiful and heartbreaking picture. I'm such a pussy, they are not gushing out of my eyes but I can't stop the tears :sad2:

1440854209.jpg

Rest easy now champion, you don't need to fight anymore 😭

He's had a stroke before, so not sure thus guy can saybits vaccine related

5 goals for Tage Thompson tonight. Sabres had 9 goals in the first two periods. He's already at 21 goals

Dayman will love this

Meh, it's definitely not a trans issue. With hockey, skill discrepancy is the problem. Just looking at the screenshot there, those people can't fucking skate. When you have a bunch of people who can't skate together, the results are often horrible. I've probably seen more injuries from good players having to dive out of the way of people who have no idea how to skate or accidentally trucking them and fucking up their knee/neck/shoulder.

The arena looks PACKED for that tournament! Trans hockey is DEFINITELY the future of the sport!
Don't think there's any movement on trans related things in hockey. If they want to throw an "inclusive" tournament, cool, good for them.

I'm just confused about it because the NHL has been the most inclusive sport for decades now, given there has been a woman who has actually played in an NHL game...

Don't think there's any movement on trans related things in hockey. If they want to throw an "inclusive" tournament, cool, good for them.

I'm just confused about it because the NHL has been the most inclusive sport for decades now, given there has been a woman who has actually played in an NHL game...

I know that there used to be a big LGBTQ+ tournament at Chelsea Piers in NYC, I would imagine that it remains pretty successful without begging for attention :noidea:

23-4-1. Holy shit.

McDavid now at 26 goals and 33 assists in 30 games.

Ovie hit 800 last night. I'm kinda hoping he waits until Monday when he plays the Red Wings to hit 802 and pass Gordie - it would be a fitting passing of the torch.

In my opinion, he doesn't need to pass Gretzky in quantity to be the greatest goal scorer of all time; he already is. I hope he does anyway, though, to seal all doubt. Ovie hit 800 against defenses and goalies that are way better than they were in the 80's when Gretzky was popping video game numbers. If you transplanted Ovie into the 80's he'd probably have like 1500 goals by now.

15 consecutive games with a point for McDavid now. he's been held without a point in only 4 games.

Kraken winner of six straight leading 1-0 after one period in Boston.