tOfficial 2023 Season NFL Coaches Dead Pool

Which coaches will lose their jobs during or after the 2023 NFL Season?

• Bill Belichick

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Brian Dabol

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Ron Rivera

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Pete Carroll

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Kevin O'Connell

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Matt Eberflus

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Frank Reich

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Mike McCarthy

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Josh McDaniels

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Sean Payton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Casualties so far:

Josh McDaniels
Jack Del Rio (DC)
Frank Reich

Next up:

Matt Eberflus - after Bears lose tonight
Ron Rivera
Brian Dabol - coach of the year last year, but what have you done lately?
Brandon Staley
Mike Vrabel

My candidates are:

1. Bill Belichick, Patriots. The emperor has no clothes. They have no QB, no defense and were outscored 64-3 in the last 2 games ending 10-8-2023. I don't see them improving. Robert Kraft may let Belichick finish the season out of respect, then give him the opportunity to resign/retire.

Casualties so far:
Josh McDaniels
Jack Del Rio (DC)
Frank Reich
Brandon Staley

Next coaches to be fired by Monday, January 8:
Ron Rivera - Commanders
Arthur Smith - Falcons
Mike Vrabel - Titans
Matt Eberflus - Bears
Brian Dabol - Giants
Robert Saleh - Jets (Even though owner said no, Saleh has not moved the needle for this team)

Possible resignations:
Bill Belichick - Patriots
Pete Carroll - Seahawks

Casualties so far:
Josh McDaniels
Jack Del Rio (DC)
Frank Reich
Brandon Staley

Next coaches to be fired by Monday, January 8:
Ron Rivera - Commanders
Arthur Smith - Falcons
Mike Vrabel - Titans
Matt Eberflus - Bears
Brian Dabol - Giants
Robert Saleh - Jets (Even though owner said no, Saleh has not moved the needle for this team)

Possible resignations:
Bill Belichick - Patriots
Pete Carroll - Seahawks
This could be a big purge year as owners on the fence let their coach go in hopes of bringing in another fired coach. Belichick will be a big driver in that. Someone like Saleh who shouldn't be let go might be fired because someone else gets Bill and Jets want whomever is let go. I think we can all agree there is less than a zero chance Belichik goes to the Jets :dhd:

Arthur Smith should have been fired mid season.

Going 7-10 his first season made me think this guy is getting a lot from a terrible team, sucks draft position won’t be as low as it should be, but we can work with this guy.

Going 7-10 in year two was I’d like to see progression, but we didn’t regress, but the draft before the season is when people really started to question his decision making

Going into this season after drafting a running back with the 8 overall pick, it was playoffs or go work for FedEx with your daddy, and he went 7-10 again including allowing long game losing drives against the Vikings with Dobbs making his first appearance, the one win at the time Cardinals, the one win at the time Panthers, the Bucs to give away the division lead.

Team had way too much talent to be this bad again

Ron Rivera has been relieved of his command.

Ron Rivera has been relieved of his command.
This guy just needs to call it a day and I was surprised he got another job after the Panthers but I bet a lot of people didn't want to work for the old management team.

Since the Panthers already fired their coach, they fired their GM.

Mike Vrabel. Thank you for your service.

That’s a bit surprising. I wonder if they are have a deal done w the new guy.

And does Vrabel return to the Pats w McDaniel and Patricia (who is definitely getting fired after the Eagles are bounced).

That’s a bit surprising. I wonder if they are have a deal done w the new guy.

And does Vrabel return to the Pats w McDaniel and Patricia (who is definitely getting fired after the Eagles are bounced).
Agree. I thought he did a decent job given the state of their roster

Agree. I thought he did a decent job given the state of their roster

Agree. Was he supposed to succeed with Ryan Tannehill? I mean, cmon. At least give the guy a new QB.