tOfficial 23-24 NHL season thread

Hitting up Bruins Ducks tonight, first time at the TD Garden

Former penguin takes a skate to the neck and dies in a game in England. It’s something i always thought about when I play goalie, but I wear a dangler. I’ll likely invest in a neck guard for this coming season skating out.

Former penguin takes a skate to the neck and dies in a game in England. It’s something i always thought about when I play goalie, but I wear a dangler. I’ll likely invest in a neck guard for this coming season skating out.
Wife showed me the video. Awful. Not sure what could be done aside from making all players wear some sort of slash resistant neck gaiter, but the video was bad.

A lot of stuff circulating saying it looks intentional and from the video... I mean it definitely was avoidable, the dude brought his skate up.

Yeah I just saw a clip in super slow motion and it looks intentional. Not like intentional to kill, but definitely intentional to kick. There is no reason for that whatsoever.

Manslaughter?

didn’t want to watch a vid but came across a gif before it got gross and holy fuck, that’s insane and intentional. You don’t even need to play hockey or even ice skate before to know that was intentional. What an absolute massive piece of shit. If the races were reversed cities would be burning down right now, but the media is trying to call it an “accident” Jesus Christ.

Just all is forgotten when the dude literally lifted his skate to the guys neck? Why were charges not brought?

Unnamed man....

Hope he gets the max. Fuck all those fans too.

Jeremy Roenick disagrees.
Really? He went on his podcast with Tim Peel and flat out said it wasn’t an accident and tried to hold back like Gretz did. I don’t know of a single person who has played the game who thinks it wasn’t intentional.

I didn't see a second kick, but either way.... wtf

Really? He went on his podcast with Tim Peel and flat out said it wasn’t an accident and tried to hold back like Gretz did. I don’t know of a single person who has played the game who thinks it wasn’t intentional.
The video shows that it's 100% intentional.

I didn't see a second kick, but either way.... wtf

Yeah, what second kick? Something earlier?

I haven’t heard he did it twice to Johnson, but I have heard he pulled kick leg shit before in an English game.

Looks like Patrick Kane is signing with the Wings.

Honestly, I thought he'd be a better fit in Florida and have a better chance for a Cup there this year, but money matters, too, and the Wings have more available than the other "Kane contenders".

It'll be interesting to see how much Kane will actually be able to contribute. If he gets anywhere close to full recovery from his surgery by the end of the season, it could give the Wings the best power play proficiency they've had since Datsyuk and Zetterberg were in their prime.

not a hockey guy so if I get this right.
If every player on the ice gets a 10 min penalty with 7 minutes left. I assume they hit the showers early, but how does this game end & does one team or another get an advantage for whoever is left to finish the game? How many players on a team vs. on the ice?

Reason I ask. Is apparently it just recently happened.

NHL referee hilariously gave every player on the ice a 10-minute misconduct after big Panthers-Senators brawl

4 lines. So even if an entire line for each team gets tossed, there’s still 15 more guys on the bench.