tOfficial Not really a Night Shift Thread v60, with less spicy sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must live in two different worlds where that is socially acceptable.
I mean, I wouldn't ever get physical with someone just for getting in my face and/or yelling at me, whether male or female.
I guess it's just that I'm no longer in middle school.

If contact is made, that's a different story, as I believe @moxie said.
Yeah, I stand by, "don't start none, won't be none." I don't wanna get punched by a man, so I'll refrain from attacking him first. I'm obviously not a fan of physical violence and if someone's words hurt my feelers so badly that I need to retaliate by hitting, then I must be the one with the issue. People's words only hurt if you let them.

I mean, I wouldn't ever get physical with someone just for getting in my face and/or yelling at me, whether male or female.

It's easy to articulate that if someone is in your personal space and yelling/being physically aggressive that you feel threatened. Which here, is assault. Which means you are legally allowed to defend yourself. Maybe that's why most midwesterners don't do that shet. They know they'll get popped.
*Really? A woman physically defending herself from a verbally and physically aggressive male is not socially acceptable in Cali?

Yeah, I stand by, "don't start none, won't be none." I don't wanna get punched by a man, so I'll refrain from attacking him first. I'm obviously not a fan of physical violence and if someone's words hurt my feelers so badly that I need to retaliate by hitting, then I must be the one with the issue. People's words only hurt if you let them.

Some people control their feelings better than others.

2 reasons to get physical

1) if you touch me.
2) if you threaten my family in anyway

EzWqH8lUYAELoWk

College Baseball Rankings
1Arkansas30-61
2Vanderbilt28-62
3Texas30-83
4Mississippi State27-84
5Texas Tech26-88
6Tennessee29-85

Who the fuck comes up with this shit? Miss State, Texas Teched, and Tennessee all have eight losses each, BUT, Tennessee has 3 more wins that TeeTee and 2 more than Starkville College. The Vols deserve to be ranked #4.

There's an actual forum for this stuff, ya know?

It's easy to articulate that if someone is in your personal space and yelling/being physically aggressive that you feel threatened. Which here, is assault. Which means you are legally allowed to defend yourself. Maybe that's why most midwesterners don't do that shet. They know they'll get popped.
*Really? A woman physically defending herself from a verbally and physically aggressive male is not socially acceptable in Cali?

Physically defending oneself against words is socially unacceptable, yes. I don't think that's merely a California thing.
Even growing up in Kentucky, only drunks and trash got physical over words.

Now, physically defending oneself from physical aggression, that's different.

For me, physical aggression is a last resort. Just over a month ago, I found myself in the position where I felt compelled to tell someone that if they repeated the behavior in which they had just engaged (some guy got in my face seeking to intimidate me), I would feel as though he was putting me in a position where I would need to defend myself and I had been extensive training in self defense. So far, he hasn't gotten in my face, again. If he did, I still wouldn't lay a finger (or foot, teehee) on him unless he made contact first.

Status
Not open for further replies.